This is whats wrong with hunting today

And this is the problem with the forum. With all due respect your post is a prime example of why we get derailed here. Although a lot of members are continually derailing, most have engaged in the actual content of the thread before doing so. But admitting you haven't cared to contribute by watching the video (which is the basis for the thread) then commenting about something unrelated to the original topic shows that the content of some members are not far off from the man in the video.

Why not read the OP and post in regards to that?
I'm not sure this is as big of a problem as you make it out to be. I may go back and watch the video, but probably not. As I stated, I have interest in the 22CM, but obviously not as the ultimate big game cartridge. I understand that thread derailments can lead to misunderstandings and really want help the OP if they are looking for information. This was a thread about opinions on the current state of big game hunting cartridges. I come to this forum to learn and for the entertainment value provided from similar minded people. I try to not judge other's choices or their intentions.

I'm not sure this is as big of a problem as you make it out to be. I may go back and watch the video, but probably not. As I stated, I have interest in the 22CM, but obviously not as the ultimate big game cartridge. I understand that thread derailments can lead to misunderstandings and really want help the OP if they are looking for information. This was a thread about opinions on the current state of big game hunting cartridges. I come to this forum to learn and for the entertainment value provided from similar minded people. I try to not judge other's choices or their intentions.
I appreciate that! But you are misunderstood. This is not a thread about any cartridge at all. Although many of us keep bringing it there. It has nothing to do with any cartridge particularly. If you watched the video and read the OP it will be much easier to understand. That's my point. Like I said, I mean no disrespect.
And yes I am interested in your thoughts as they pertain to the OP. Not on how the 22CM is the ultimate hunting round.

Last edited:
My first attempt to shoot a gun was a 16 gauge single shot at a clay pigeon . Missed by a mile and dropped the gun in the sand of the gravel pit we were shooting in . There is a lot of story beyond that but I was 9 years old and weighted about 45lbs . so just take the recoil like a man ! Or boy !

You're so super intelligent and perceptive. Somehow you know his "feelings are hurt". Just as you know that I'm "full of hate" and that I "feel attacked". You're so insightful. I'm so in awe of your ability to project your BS with such amazing power. We could all learn so much from you. If only we were were not just a bunch of ree-tardz, and could pick up on the jive you're laying down.... buy sadly we are beneath you, and we'll never get it..... 😢
I'm plenty light. No need to get your feeling hurt for another person over something that doesn't involve you.

I'm plenty light. No need to get your feeling hurt for another person over something that doesn't involve you.
Haha my feelings are good. I was making a joke. Something you look like you have trouble with. That's a fact jack. ( another stripes reference for the enlightened). Carry on!

Haha my feelings are good. I was making a joke. Something you look like you have trouble with. That's a fact jack. ( another stripes reference for the enlightened). Carry on!
You clearly hold on to stuff. Let it go man. Back on track.

At this point I think "on track" is we all agree the idiot in the video is an idiot, and that idiot in particular is particularly indicative of what is wrong with hunting today, thus validating Southpa's original opinion and giving everyone warm fuzzies.

bunnies snuggle GIF

At this point I think "on track" is we all agree the idiot in the video is an idiot, and that idiot in particular is particularly indicative of what is wrong with hunting today, thus validating Southpa's original opinion and giving everyone warm fuzzies.

View attachment 587142
It's funny how you guys can't get it. For a Texan you are a disrespectful one. If you don't like me for trying to keep my own thread on track that's fine you can move on.