BELOVED YELLOWSTONE WOLF'S KILLING BY TROPHY HUNTER

There is a buffer zone around the park. It's clearley marked, used to hunt pretty close to it up a place called Taylor's Fork just south of Big Sky. It was **** good hunting till the wolves came along. The Lamar drainage is in the north Central part of the park if memory is correct.

Check this video out, it's pretty accurate.

Hi fives and congrats to the hunter who accomplished this.

https://www.newsweek.com/beloved-ye...hy-hunter-just-outside-protected-park-1242406[/

Nice work, this is my favorite quote from the article "The Wolf Conservation Center (WCC), a New-York based nonprofit organization, urged Montana to change their laws to better protect the wolves."

A bunch of hipsters from New York are lecturing Montana on game management. I am going to encourage New York to implement a 25% tax on skinny jeans, man purses and lattes.

I din't see the big deal. Hundreds of them are killed and trapped here in Montana every year. Too bad most guys only notice one in the news. mtmuley

If enough outdoors people got together with the right backing, would it be possible for a lawsuit against the powers that be, to lift the wolves protection and eradicate them again. When I studied into how all this reintroduction happened back in '99-2000, I wondered the same thing then. After all "the pen is mightier than the sword". In this case, the gun.
There is a ranch in the Bighorn Basin of Wyoming that receives over $100k a year for livestock damages from The state. That ranch has been the biggest receiver of funds from the program for several years. The ranch was challenged to allow wolf hunting, each year their answere is the same. They say they are planning to do guided hunts for wolf, but rarely do. It would seem fitting to open it up to public hunting for wolves or loose the funding. To me, this makes as much sense as paying a farmer not to farm their ground, and turn it all into CRP.
Just some food for thought

No need for anyone to get emotional about killing a wolf any more than being emotional about a bear killing a wife and child. It's all very natural except for wanton killing.

If you had the "cash cow" on your ranch bringing you 100k a year would you allow hunting to chase the wolf off of your property......
I know people that wanted 5k to open a boat ramp on a river to access for driftboats...they never did any maintenance on the road..ever.......and kept it closed after fish and game declined to give in to their blackmail....

The Big Deal IS it's FAKE NEWS, just to stir the pot, there's always two sides to a story rite ,Why do They always tell theirs ,Because it's Their Agenda ,& People need to see through this CRAP . What happens when the Park (food pantry) is Empty ? They (wolfs) leave the park to fill they empty bellies .......... This isn't Game Management ! It's Game over for deer ,elk & any thing they can Kill n Sometime eat !!!

Bad thing about this is that the anti-hunter, anti-gun movement uses these emotions of the unknowing public to try and persuade them that these are great animals.
Vermin is something unless you are a hunter, that the public knows little about. The antis do anything possible to whip up sentiment for the people that know little about predators.

Like it or not the wolf is here to stay. There is no way they will be hunted out of existence. When they got rid of them the 1st time it was done with poison and paid for by the gov. The idea that if everyone does the shoot shovel and shut up and we can get rid of them is simply not realistic.

The other thing that gets me is when I hear guys say that all the elk are gone and the only thing left is wolves. This just doesn't make sense. Without game there is no wolves. If the elk are gone so are the wolves. If there is lots of wolves around then there is lots of game around as well. The game populations have been impacted for sure, and the game has changed their habits, making hunting different than it used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I am not glad they are here. But they are...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.