Yellowstone wolf population is declining

Yellowstone had millions of visitors before there were any wolves and so now everyone that visit the park are there because of the wolves I don't think so the thing is man can manage wild life cuz if numbers are high they can give out more tags or if numbers down less tags wolves just kill till everything is gone then they move on
When I was a kid I saw a few of our original wolves there were only a little bigger than a coyote these are not the same animal our original wolf prayed more on small game they didn't kill for sport like the wolves we have now let's trap them and send them to Central Park my 2 cents

The worst part of this is that we the sportsman & sportswoman are they people that paid into the act to to supply the monies to build the animal numbers up and then the government took a nosedive and let 'huggers' intervene and steal our monies and brought the wolf in.....should never of happened the way it did......

The other thing we have people every year that come from all over the world to dance in our area they stay with the residents of the area they all want to go to the park but not one ever cared if they see a wolf they come to see old faithful and others things you can't see any other place most want to see a bison and a bull elk for the animals to see but it's getting hard to see these animals anymore compared to how it used to be

Who gives a flip about the tree hugger's wolf watching? It is not ethical to hunt any species to extinction, like almost happened with the Gray Wolf. And whether you agree or not, it is not ethical to violate game laws, which as based on scientific data, and their best prediction. Not saying you cannot shoot them. I am saying shooting them indiscriminately, and letting them lay, when their numbers are low, just to try to improve your chance at an elk, is not ethical. I shoot every coyote I can, because studies show I cannot hurt their population, and they are very numerous where I hunt. In fact, I trap and call them, as well. I am one of the checks and balances.

Yellowstone had millions of visitors before there were any wolves and so now everyone that visit the park are there because of the wolves I don't think so the thing is man can manage wild life cuz if numbers are high they can give out more tags or if numbers down less tags wolves just kill till everything is gone then they move on
When I was a kid I saw a few of our original wolves there were only a little bigger than a coyote these are not the same animal our original wolf prayed more on small game they didn't kill for sport like the wolves we have now let's trap them and send them to Central Park my 2 cents
I disagree about the wolf size was smaller when you were a kid. Down here, we have the Red Wolf, that is mostly gone. On a friend's ranch, there is a small population. He allowed the USF&W to come in and trap a few for their Red Wolf project in the Carolinas. Mostly, red wolves are described as slightly larger than coyotes. Wrong. Red Wolves can exceed 100 lbs., but mostly, 75 - 80 lbs. Historical accounts of the Gray Wolf, has them up to 150-175 lbs.

which as based on scientific data, and their best prediction. Not saying you cannot shoot them. I am saying shooting them indiscriminately, and letting them lay, when their numbers are low,
First of all I'm not advocating breaking any laws, but this so called " scientific data" is B.S. The wolf numbers are far from low about 8 times what was agreed on from the beginning.

The data that is compiled, is not perfect, but we have to follow the laws, otherwise the following harvest numbers are based on false harvest reports. If the harvest numbers are not controlling the population right, people need to address it with the biologists. I tell the tree huggers the same thing. I listen to them gripe about the Gray Wolf being delisted. You must keep a balance, but not individuals shooting as they want, based on one area that they hunt.

The data that is compiled, is not perfect, but we have to follow the laws, otherwise the following harvest numbers are based on false harvest reports. If the harvest numbers are not controlling the population right, people need to address it with the biologists. I tell the tree huggers the same thing. I listen to them gripe about the Gray Wolf being delisted. You must keep a balance, but not individuals shooting as they want, based on one area that they hunt.
It has been addressed, F@G just keeps putting handicaps in place. I dont wanna sound to blunt but obvious you havent spent any or much time in N.W Montana mountains.

It has been addressed, F@G just keeps putting handicaps in place. I dont wanna sound to blunt but obvious you havent spent any or much time in N.W Montana mountains.
Been hunting in Colorado and Wyoming. Been through all the western states, but I have not been out there in a few years. I do lease over 6000 acres of timberland in East Texas, and manage a private hunting club there. Our problem child is coyotes and hogs.

The worst part of this is that we the sportsman & sportswoman are they people that paid into the act to to supply the monies to build the animal numbers up and then the government took a nosedive and let 'huggers' intervene and steal our monies and brought the wolf in.....should never of happened the way it did......
The taxes from the Pittman-Robertson Act, are intended SPECIFICALLY for restoration of animal species hunted to near extinction. So yes, it happened EXACTLY as it should.

Been hunting in Colorado and Wyoming. Been through all the western states, but I have not been out there in a few years. I do lease over 6000 acres of timberland in East Texas, and manage a private hunting club there. Our problem child is coyotes and hogs.
Coyotes and hogs are a whole different ballgame than Wolfs

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.