Wolf killed in CO

All I can say is I live In Idaho were the wolf PROBLEM is just that...... A serious SERIOUS SERIOUS problem!! I witnessed the elk and moose herds drop so rapidly (not in 10-15 or 20 years mind you) but in 2-3 years tops that it was very hard to take in. where had all of our elk and moose gone? I thought the winters were mild and the springs were great and I would sit and watch my usual spots taking inventory on next years bulls and to see if my big ones that were so sneaky had made it through thinking "man there should be elk and moose here in there typical winter/calving grounds there always here in numbers that seem incredible for the area""" ......... nope nothing.. And I just assumed that they had went some were else and so on for the first couple years that is what I thought,,,, that was Until I saw the results of what was going on. They had found them!!!!!! not the sick and old like the tree huger squirrel squeezing biologist would like you to think but everything with a heart beat!!!!! The hillsides that once were abundant with elk and moose were reduced to a rotting piles of bones. In one draw the smell alone was how I found them, Just use your imagination and then times that by ten and that's what it smelled like. And it wasn't just that one spot! Just writing this makes me furious!!! I can go on and on about these DAM things but there isn't enough time in the day and nobody wants to hear me rant!!!

COLORADO,,,,,,, Brace your self's because your elk population alone is enough to start a wild fire that unless extinguished now and I mean attack it now!!!!! it will be uncontrollable in the next very few years...They are the plague that roles through the area killing everything with a heart beat and when I say everything I mean everything not just deer elk and moose! They breed at an astounding rate and will do so as long as the "food can support the numbers". they are trainers In the sense that they train the young to hunt when there bellys are full and leave the carcass to rot...Seen it first hand and no one will ever tell me other wise!

Oh and you hound hunters,,, you will see there destruction first hand, not on the elk, deer or moose but your Hounds!!! They will not survive a run in with these bastards! I cant count how many of my friends have lost every hound they had to these DAM things and not over time but with one run in with them. They actually track them down and slotter them like cattle and 9 out of ten times every one will be disemboweled.

COLORADO I am truly sorry for what's coming!!!!

COLORADO I am truly sorry for what's coming!!!!

I hear ya on how bad wolves can be, I don't think anybody can deny how destructive they can be to game populations. I think one thing we can all agree on is that nobody wants to see Wolves established her in CO.

I did talk to the CPW about their stance on wolves and it was an interesting conversation. I'm not going to discuss any of the details in this thread, other than they did echo what I think we all already know that wolves will eventually populate in Colorado ... it's not a matter of if but when. I'm just trying to stay optimistic that there are enough people here in CO that like to hunt elk, deer, etc that we can work together to figure something out before it's too late.

You will be amazed at how fast the wolves will get established. F&G killed off a pack of 28 dogs here and three years later, same area, killed another 24. If you've got one get ready for more and say goodbye to your game.

Well, while some are going to discuss what should be done about this problem ,us
nut jobs are going to do what we can , after all it was a bunch of none conformist nut jobs that also did the right thing and gave us the Declaraction of Independence.

Everyone is wondering why, how this is happening? How can the government (BLM, Forestry Service, Dept. of the Interior) let this happen? IT'S HAPPENING BECAUSE THEY WANT IT TO HAPPEN!! If you don't believe me, if you think that I'm whacko, just YouTube or Google "Agenda 21" aka the UN's Sustainable Development plan that your Governor's in Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Oregon and Washington have pledged their support. Mr. President is a UN puppet and if you take the time to read up on Agenda 21 then EVERYTHING this government is attempting to accomplish pertaining to gun rights and ownership, hunting, re-population of predator species and control private property and of forests and water will become crystal clear. Read it yourself, educate yourself on Agenda 21, look around, pay attention to the "Key Words", watch the news and ask questions and DO NOT SUPPORT ANY POLITICAL CANDIDATE THAT SUPPORTS 'SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT'!! So far Rand Paul is the ONLY candidate that openly opposes Agenda 21.

It's our country and we're loosing it... to our government and the UN!

DocB
Animo et Fide

Well, while some are going to discuss what should be done about this problem ,us
nut jobs are going to do what we can , after all it was a bunch of none conformist nut jobs that also did the right thing and gave us the Declaraction of Independence.

Wow. Just wow. I guess I should say thank you for further proving the point that there is power in sitting down and thinking things through. We did not gain our independence from the British Empire until John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson (among others) sat down in a room with pen and paper and declared our independence in writing.

So far your track record in this thread is filled with ignorance, starting with your first comment where you said ""What I have heard, wolves have no protection here in Colorado". The fact is that wolves are federally protected under the Endangered Species Act and punishable by $100,000 fine, up to a year in jail, or both. I highly recommend you do some thinking before your next post.

Well I haven't had to resort to personal attacks to make a point ,I guess there is plenty of ignorance to go around.
What I'm saying is if people expect a different approach to this problem than what has been taken in other states,good luck, I'm all for something better.
In the interim,if I see a rattler at a play ground I'll take care of the problem, not let it get away while writing letters.
Our leaders aren't looking out for the best interest of the general public, a lot of people depend on our game herds in this state.
Our leaders of the general public increase payments every time another unnamed fathers offspring comes along, our leaders will fine a poor man if he tries to feed his family from the streams or woods with out proper paper work,but give all kinds of government handouts to the illegals that took his job. And it is a fact that that plenty of poor people can not get the help they need,legal citizens.
Because of our leaders we no longer have a justice system ,but we do have a legal system that is failing the general public .
I wish you all the luck in your way,I will go mine.

It's all a mute point. Love 'em or hate 'em, they will establish without checking to see what we think about it. Shoot or don't shoot. It may give you some sense of control so you feel better about yourself but it just acts like pruning and makes for healthier packs. By all means, rattle your tin cups on the bars. Tomorrow you'll still wake up in jail. The Feds use this program in every way conceivable. Have you opened your eyes and seen whose walking around your neighborhood lately? Should you choose to expose yourself to significant legal problems, consider first the ratio of risk to reward. Face it, your Federal Government doesn't like you or your kind and mulligans aren't granted to certain types. I'd suggest birdwatching or still photos of wildflowers as a supplement to hunting big game.

Enjoy

People don't realize that the Grey Wolf was INTRODUCED to Yellowstone National Park for a study, after which they were to be destroyed upon its conclusion. The Timberwolves were the indigenous species of the lower Rockies (anything south of Canada) before settlers eradicated them. Grey Wolves are NOT the same as Timberwolves.

Basically the laws are protecting an invasive species that was introduced for a study.

I've heard this time and time again by our side of the house. The wolf huggers claim the exact opposite.

I would like to become more educated on this topic with actual scientific data before arguing with the nut jobs who line the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone. Do you have any evidence that the timberwolf is native and the gray wolf is not? Or evidence that a smaller subspecies inhabited the US side of the Rockies? I haven't been able to find anything concrete to this day. Most of the articles I come across use hand picked quotes from USFWS officials that claim the Canadian gray's were there all along, until eradicated. I have yet to find an unbiased piece of journalism regarding this topic, on either side of the debate, especially the wolf hugger side.

Timber338
Wow. Just wow. I guess I should say thank you for further proving the point that there is power in sitting down and thinking things through. We did not gain our independence from the British Empire until John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson (among others) sat down in a room with pen and paper and declared our independence in writing.

In reference to your above quote to Tokatee , Great Britain did not recognize and grant our independence just because of the writing of our DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE , on July 4 , 1776 . Our independence was granted due to the fact that the American colonists began a revolution against the British army , with the first shot fired on April 19 , 1775 ,[ remember the poem " The Shot Heard Around The World " ] , and the war continued until British General Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown , Virginia , on October 19 , 1781 , and ultimately the signing of the Treaty Of Paris on September 3 ,1783 .
Great Britain did not recognize American independence until after the treaty was signed .
Overall , a period of over 8 years .
And YES , it was due to a bunch of NON-CONFORMISTS standing up for what they believed in .

Yes , you are correct in your statement that the wolf is a federally protected species .

No disrespect is meant to you .

Thank You ,
DMP25-06

Last edited:
Looking back at my comments and I think I need to apologize. There's no excuse for an a$$hole and unfortunately I used poor judgement with my choice of words.

Although we may have different approaches we're all on the same side of wanting to prevent wolves from damaging our elk/deer/game populations.

I'm from ND, and I've read that the wolves in MT will meet the wolves from MN in the next 5-10 years. If you are deer or elk hunting, you know what to do. If you are calling coyotes you know what to do....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.