Oregon Elk Hunter Kills Wolf in Self-defense

Hunters should be a little paranoid of HSUS. They one of the main sponsors of the bill in Oregon to banned the use of dogs and bait for hunting bear and cougar. It decimated deer and elk in Oregon, which helps them ultimately achieve their goal of banning hunting altogether. They want to take man out of nature.

I said I live in wolf country because I don't want the wacko animal rights people to know where I live. I don't want them to visit me and this forum as well as many others are likely monitored by them using Google Alerts.

I've been very involved in opposing the animal rights agenda and there is a lot on money behind that agenda. The HSUS itself has a yearly budget of somewhere around 200 million dollars and high 6 digit salaries at stake as well as about 50 million dollars socked away in the Cayman Islands! When there is that much money at stake, some will go to extreme lengths to protect that money!

Large animal rights groups commonly use their mentally ill followers to further their agenda as well as to protect their income. Do I sound paranoid? I've met a number of their followers who I felt were pretty sick people, so I'd rather be perceived as little paranoid than meeting one of them unexpectedly at my front door!

There is a lot of truth to this. And have read through this whole thread. It's plain to see... from the way i read all the posts.
There are folks who think that a wolf has no place in the ecosystem. I am one of them. I say if they cant live inside of National Park boundaries "to hell with 'em".

Then there are the Farley types like what was posted. They think that the wolf belongs and we as sportsman and subsistence hunters should tolerate the wolf as it was here before us, well so wasn't the Cave Bear, FFS. These types will ride out the last of whats left to hunt/harvest until the wolf won't throw any more scaps to the floor, These are the worst of all the types..

Then the other type is the Environ Mental extremist that was listed in the above post, they are bad news.

I am on a rant and can get nasty about my stand on issues like this, having made my living of the outdoors in one way or another my entire life. I am in the outdoors almost every day of the year.
A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BLAST AN EDIBLE ANIMAL IN THE FRONT SHOULDERS TO MAKE A GLORIOUS LONG RANGE SHOT, BUT THEY WON'T SMOKE A WOLF IN THE GUTS......ought to be ashed of your standing on this issue.
Wait till ya have a dog tore up and half eaten by a pack, I lost two in the same day. Better my cat dogs than the 12 year old some of you are in charge of keeping safe.

This post is not meant for any one person, Just my 99 cents worth about a raw nerve topic.

Part of that rant I feel as though was directed at myself and I would like to clear the air a little. A national park is a good place to keep them. Since we can't hunt there anyways. I don't think they belong here, out where I am trying to hunt. They should not have reintroduced them but I personally as I'm sure a lot of others do not have the resources to do much about it. I have accepted the fact that they are probably here to stay whether I like it or not. Maybe a bad attitude by some peoples standards but that's the one I have for now. I would bet money the people that put them back out there haven't hardly spent any time in the woods anyhow and wouldn't ever have a run in with a wolf anyways. What a joke. Maybe they should hand out tags for environmental extremists and politicians.

This post is not meant for any one person, Just my 99 cents worth about a raw nerve topic.

It's a raw nerve topic for me too! I know what these animal rights groups have in mind for us and keeping humankind out of nature is one of them. So is outlawing all animal ownership -- or whatever equivalent they can achieve! No matter how these animal rights groups try and hoodwink the public, it's all based on their hatred of mankind rather than the love of animals!

I know this probably isn't supposed to turn into a political discussion and I hope I don't get banned for this but most on this list already probably know which side is our friend and which side isn't. The point is that we must educate the American public if we're to turn this thing around.

To that end, look at the Humane Scorecard page of the HSUS:
http://www.hslf.org/our-work/humane-scorecard.html?credit=em_hslf012616
The HSUS rates legislators by percentage. The higher percentage they give a legislator the more supportive that legislator is of the HSUS animal rights legislation. Year after year, across the board the Democrats get about 80% and the Republicans get about 20%. Considering the fact that about 60% of Americans own pets and the animal rights agenda is to end the ownership of all animals, or the equivalent, it's obvious that the animal rights groups have done quite a job of hoodwinking the American public as well as our left leaning friends!

The left tends to base their opinions on emotion rather than on the intellect, which is why the animal rights groups focus on emotional and graphic pictures and video of abuse, and why they have more support from the left than from the right. It's so maddening when I see our left leaning press and major networks promote the animal rights agenda when I know they're only buying into it because they are so emotionally gullible to believe what they are being told by these extremist groups.

I don't want to upset the left leaning friends on this list because I used to be one! I only want to educate like I was educated. You see, I used to be a registered Democrat, voted Democrat and believed all the rhetoric from the left. Once I got involved in the fight against animal rights, I got to know both Democrat and Republican politicians on a personal basis by opposing animal rights legislation in my local area as well as in my state capitol. That's when I began to see the Democrats were mostly inclined to support a utopian philosophy based on emotion and the Republicans were more inclined to support individual rights based on logic. In our own state capitol, I learned that our Democrat Senate President sent word down to all the Democrat Senators (which were in the majority) that either they vote for a HSUS written bill, or they would never get ahead in the Party! That knowledge is why I'm no longer a Democrat, nor will I ever vote for one again because of the strength of the Party and their inclination to vote based on their emotions!

That being said, I think both parties have their issues with corrupt politicians but our individual rights and freedoms are more important to those on the right than they are to those on the left.

No need to clear the air, wasn't aimed at you directly.

I am in the timber industry and have watched mismanagement from various Gov't agencies my entire life.

I didn't take any offense. Well I can say from experience that I see everyday the inconsistencies and mismanagement in the govt. I happen to be employed by a govt agency, but I don't share their ideas and lack of morals. Just a pay check with excellent benefits. Extra time off to go shoot guns and hunt.

I have come up with a good bumper sticker idea to reflect my sentiments on all this bs.

It will look like this: I (poker heart) Elk I (poker spade) Wolves

I kinda like wolves. Especially in my snare, trap, or crosshairs.
Guess it's different here in Alaska. They never were exterminated, so they are what they are in the wilds I inhabit with them.

I kinda like wolves. Especially in my snare, trap, or crosshairs.
Guess it's different here in Alaska. They never were exterminated, so they are what they are in the wilds I inhabit with them.
Alaska might as well be another country, hardly no people per capita.
Wolves living and thriving in "Wild Alaska" as to compared to the lower 48, isn't even a decent comparison.
Wyoming allows "trophy" hunting for wolves in hunt areas outside Yellowstone Park, which is regulated through seasons and quotas. In the rest of the state wolves are considered a varmint, open season. I wish ALL the other states would fallow the same ideas. Protecting the wolf in a park and its immediate boundaries is a decent idea. Wolves expand areas because of over population and or game depletion. So when they leave their buffer areas they should be exterminated. In my not so humble opinion :mad::cool:

I appreciate hunting where animals are present that can kill me. But wolves concern me less than lighting strikes.
Bears are another matter. As well as rut crazed bull moose or cow moose protecting there newborn calves.
Those are the ones I carry the firepower for.
Killing wolves because of a claim they attack and kill humans is completely disingenuous, even laughable. Better kill all the bears and bees also.
Just kill them because you don't like them, if it pleases you. Or become dictator and impose your will on everyone. That should make you, well, a dictator. Make yourself proud...
BTW, never tried to compare Alaska to Wyoming. I stated that Alaska is different. We control wolves. If we couldn't kill some, I'd probably feel differently too.
You should spend more time killing wolves. It would more effectively serve your goal.

Am I missing something here, everyone professes to hate the wolf, this guy offs one, and you guys are calling out his story? Sounds like wolves aren't the only problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.