Wolf killed in CO

I've heard this time and time again by our side of the house. The wolf huggers claim the exact opposite.

I would like to become more educated on this topic with actual scientific data before arguing with the nut jobs who line the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone. Do you have any evidence that the timberwolf is native and the gray wolf is not? Or evidence that a smaller subspecies inhabited the US side of the Rockies? ...

Here is a link... I do have one correction though to y prior post...it wasn't the Timberwolves that originally inhabited the lower rockies, it was the McKenzie Valley Wolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Wolf_reintroduction

In my humble opinion, your respective DNR needs to be on board with wolf population control to have any hope of controlling wolf population. Once it has a firm foothold. A comprehensive program in place of hunting trapping and nuance removal will work, but only if the state is on board.
If you are talking about Canadian species of wolves, maybe we should look to how they controlled them in Saskatchewan. My Grandfather was a game warden in the province most of his life. There solution was to give him a large jar full of Strychnine pellets, and have him fly over the caribou herds in a helicopter and knock down several caribou just to lace with the poison.
The yearly culling of wolfs in this manor was their best method of keeping the heard/wolf balance in check.
Otherwise your game herds will pay the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.