This is whats wrong with hunting today

Absolutely, if I set it up for it and shot it a few hundred rounds, ya a slight quartering away is the exact shot I'd look for to stay a little farther off the near shoulder, hit right above the heart, dead bull!! I'd be looking for the right condition, if the condition wasn't right pass the shot.

Spot on Bigngreen!

Well, what's your longest kill with the 22-250AI? Sure it looks great on paper, but does it actually perform at distance?

- 600 coyote
- 430 doe antelope
- 315 mule deer buck

Coyote and buck with an 88 ELDM from my 22-250 AI. Antelope with the same projectile but from my 22 Creed.

Not long range by many standards, but they were clean kills and the projectiles performed very well. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again out to 500-600 for deer and antelope.

BigGreen how many hunters in North America hunt with a gun bearer, I know I do not, However you must so you can quickly switch rifles when your perfect shot comes. Needing everything to be absolutely perct does not make a cartidge an apropriate round. None of us live on fantasy Island sorry.

BigGreen how many hunters in North America hunt with a gun bearer, I know I do not, However you must so you can quickly switch rifles when your perfect shot comes. Needing everything to be absolutely perct does not make a cartidge an apropriate round. None of us live on fantasy Island sorry.
I simply don't shoot, always has been an option and should always be an option. I shoot one gun for rifle season, I shoot it a lot so I can have the most tools in my tool box for that rifle, I bust my butt for the best shot I can with the the weapon I've chose. I also enjoy hunting late season with a 1776 Lancaster pattern Issac Haines flintlock, completely different hunt!

What the cartridge or bullet is capable of is completely different from what you can do with it. All chamberings and bullets narrow up shot windows as range increases, those numbers will most certainly be farther than our capability to manage the conditions, we shoot to narrow that distance.

Last edited:
I'm thinking there's at least 40 pages coming.
What if we pivot from small/heavy being what's wrong with hunting today, to is large/light also wrong?

Opinions on 300 RUM/ 101 Hammer Blackout?

Or what about 375 Yukon with 137gn Stone Hammers? I have a barrel being cut now - Rich put up results 248gn and 270gn bullets on bears, I figure a 137gn will whack and stack smaller animals with authority also.

I'm going to try the Yukon on pigs as a "big hole" gun, along side the 17-250AI and 20WSSM as the "small hole" guns.

What if we pivot from small/heavy being what's wrong with hunting today, to is large/light also wrong?

Or what about 375 Yukon with 137gn Stone Hammers? I have a barrel being cut now - Rich put up results 248gn and 270gn bullets on bears, I figure a 137gn will whack and stack smaller animals with authority also.

I'm going to try the Yukon on pigs as a "big hole" gun, along side the 17-250AI and 20WSSM as the "small hole" guns.

Attachments

• 430133838_7652208544836715_1087091242355723219_n.jpg
    430133838_7652208544836715_1087091242355723219_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 69
Youtube needs Timothy Treadwell part2. Id watch that video. To quote Ron White about watching the original Timothy Treadwell video "I laughed so hard i thought I thought I was gonna throw up".

I need a good laugh, i know im not alone :)
This might be one of the more disgusting posts I've seen on this forum, did you once actually think about what you said about another human being you've never meet or even cared to actually do a fact check on half of what you spewed?

Funny you mention this, my buddy and I were just talking about it last night. Wondering what the lightest bullet is out there I could throw down the 375 EnABELR and shoot it like a laser beam.

This might be one of the more disgusting posts I've seen on this forum, did you once actually think about what you said about another human being you've never meet or even cared to actually do a fact check on half of what you spewed?
I mean, Mr. Treadwell learned a hard lesson about trying to get close to apex predators. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

I'm not choosing one side or the other the fact is you will not change the mind on one side or the other just agree to disagree and end the argument some people will no matter what will use the rifle they prefer over common since or data or science.

I've read it multiple times, I don't understand pounding a guy over a clean kill, yep, he's presenting info on a comparison we can poke hole in BUT in his context, factory ammo comparison he's just pulling data off boxes and he's closer to correct in his context than he's off.
If we go Fudd on every guy early in the process we'll be contributing to the death of hunting.
This guy has more pull in the industry in our current culture than 99% of this forum combined, do you really think the best way to push him or more importantly those who follow his channel, is this thread and how it presents this forum.
We want to influence them to do better, lift up the hunting tradition and industry there's probably a better track, especially on a forum that is the OG of redefining limits!!
That's scary.