Not to happy

They are being used with custom anschutz rail blocks. Stocks can be ordered without the bag hook, providing an excellent bag rider. Once again I'm reminded of why I should simply not share what I know.
You know I was genuinely curious cause saying BR level is a strong claim and if you can back it up with something from a national level 1000 yard BR shooter like 6 match agg or something tangible that would be excellent and mean something to someone familiar with that kind of shooting, but your last sentence really make it hard to even give something a second look!!

@asd9055 cheers!

Mezcal.jpg

Your website (I just checked it out a moment) shows PRS shooters.
Where are these PRS shooters you see on my website?

Just so we are clear, Foundation stocks capabilities are well known among those with experience with them.

Where are these PRS shooters you see on my website?

Just so we are clear, Foundation stocks capabilities are well known among those with experience with them.

I thought this is a PRS style shooting. I was just checking the prices. I shoot with some friends who are big in PRS in TX. At the time we were clowning around this was a position, with bag over a barricade, they train on. They shot 6mm, I just shot my 223 service rifle as were just shooting up to 600 yards on 1 MOA plates

Was I on the correct website?

Screenshot_20220504-211317_Chrome.jpg

I sent a Marlin lever action to have it case colored. The quoted price was (I thought ) a little high at $800 but hey, the guy is famous for the color case hardening he produces. When completed, I received an invoice for $1400. When I called to inquire who should bring the condoms for the screwing I was getting, I was told that the quote was for the coloring. The extra $600 was for the taking it apart and putting it back together again. I guess I didn't ask the right question.

No. You seem quite confused. www.primalrights.com is our website.
Thank you.

I just Googled the stock, the way you sounded I wrongly took the impression you have vested interest in them, thinking that might be the stock website is your website as well, or part owner. My bad.

"Quite confused" not quite. Wrong assumption, but not confused.

OP, sorry your thread took a wrong turn. Folks, take this back to the original thread.

Last edited:
Very well. How many prefit barrels in lone peak/Impact/BAT actions in foundation stocks shooting sub .2's at 100yds would you accept as statistically significant?

... because it's is indeed that simple for me.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You've misconstrued my statement.
I did not say "couldn't"- I have no specific knowledge to comment either way.

What I did say- is that a riflesmith can only be held accountable for the work he performed, and not the holes in the target which may result from other factors over which he had no control.
That's just common sense.

I like to do my own work, as much as possible, so I can buy more primers, powder, & bullets. So how good does it shoot? Is real important.

A look at prices on some website would help & a website would be good for business.

My thinking is that small volume operators inflate prices to make up for less production.

Last edited:
We'd see a lot less hand wringing on this topic if people were forced to show a live uncut video of their typical rifles performance on target at 100yds.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Not sure what that would prove? A 1moa shooter is a 1moa shooter regardless of what you put in his/her hands.IMO.

The Super Shoot would be great venue, or the upcoming TX Long Range Championship, where some the best F Class guys would be shooting.

I was at the TSRA match....not one pre-fit or Micarta stock in sight.....yet.

Top 12 equipment list for Fopen Texas Long Range
1651761917657.png

Oh ya thanks for bringing me into this one LOL.

First, OP. Pricing is what it is. Lots of factors (IRS takes 40% for one). When I started my bank account was always in the negatives. Im not cheap anymore and I am not ashamed of my prices. I finally came to the conclusion that you have to pay yourself enough to not feel rushed. There are different levels of work and thats ok. Im only interested in the best I can do, not quantity or price level. So if this outfit has a proven track record you really cant blame them at all.

On to the BR topic. This may get long because theres so much bs out there about BR from people who dont shoot it. Theres short range and long range BR. They are similar but quite different. LR BR is very similar to what we do in LR hunting rifles. LR BR was started in Pa. by....... LR hunters. Now we have the IBS and NBRSA also sanctioning matches. We shoot 600 and 1000 yd br. They have different formats but are all scored for groups and score. BR is not about a tiny group. Its about the aggregate. One or two small groups doenst matter if your rifle throws a big flier in the next one. Every group counts. One shot can ruin an agg. So thats where all of the fine details come in. Lots of rifles can shoot a small group, not all can NOT shoot big ones. This wont show up in score shooting as much either. Group aggs is really the true measure of accuracy.

To the point of experimenting, BR is where everything came from. They are the experimenters. There is no money in that game, no sponsorship, its not "cool" so you dont see the hype and most of the guys dont post. 90% of the stuff will never be posted. Especially since many of the stuff we test doesnt work out. Theres a lot of areas of the rifle that we are testing. Ignition and reamer design are my favorites, but since we are on stocks I will go into that. I have made a bunch of stocks from scratch to test things. Before I had McMillan make the LRB stock for me I cut down a lodgepole and made a blank from it. Then I cast a mold over it and used it to make a lay up fiberglass stock very similar to how McMillan makes them. The whole point was to test flex in the forend. This was the most flexible stock I have seen. That was the point. Once McMillan was making me a stock we tested every shell and fill material they had. Every composite or wood laminate I could get my hands on has been tested and its taken about 5 years for me to start to form conclusions because its not that obvious. Thats just with one design. Im now onto a new design I prefer even better. Thats just one small part of the testing I have been involved with. Barrels, actions, stocks, triggers, dies, it goes on. But no one cares, its just BR not PRS.

To get onto the foundation stock. If they have an interest in BR I'll build a rifle on one. Micarta is pretty heavy. I have used G10 which is similar. If they can make a 4 pound BR stock we can run them in light gun class. I'll even send them a stock to copy. If not, we can run them in heavy gun class. I have a serious 2kyd BR build I have to do on a McMillan 50 BMG stock with a Bat L and 36" Bartlien in 338 lapua imp. Id bed the action into both stocks and I hope the Foundation is the winner since that would be a step forward.

Thats how it works when a company wants into BR. They send it to us and if it works out then it does. Alpha did this with their BRA brass and now it holds 8 IBS records. I have an action and some barrels here for the same reason. They make the cut or they dont. Thats why I love BR. No BS, every group is official and on the IBS website. https://internationalbenchrest.com/results/longrange#2022-long-range-match-results

Last edited: