Nightforce vs Leupold

I believe the Mark5 is on a different level than other Leupold scopes. I have been around many shooters including myself who have used them in comps without issues. If they didn't track. Or return to zero, the top guys wouldn't be winning with them. If you can make weight in NRL hunter the ATACR is a great scope as well.

That is definitely been in the back of my mind. I've been trying to figure out why they are suddenly so much more popular now in PRS and NRL Hunter. Not that the NX8 ever was. Maybe Leupold is really promoting them and getting in the right hands. But I would think regardless, they wouldn't be using them at that level if they didn't function.

Take a look at this if you have time, and consider that this is Leupolds flagship offering.

Same process for the NF. I understand that everything on the web isn't gospel, but the results are worth a read and a little consideration if you're shopping or deciding whether it's worth upgrading.

How many of you guys check zero after driving or flying out to hunt? I don't. I have proven reliable optics on a repeatable rifle. This year I did a backpack caribou hunt in Alaska, Idaho elk and Utah deer, all were successful and no issues. Checked zero when I was all done just for shitz and giggles.
20221025_095547.jpg

How many of you guys check zero after driving or flying out to hunt? I don't. I have proven reliable optics on a repeatable rifle. This year I did a backpack caribou hunt in Alaska, Idaho elk and Utah deer, all were successful and no issues. Checked zero when I was all done just for shitz and giggles.
View attachment 509028
I went on my first out of state western hunt this year. Our guide required us to check zero on our rifles and on my rifles with scopes that have both supposedly failed the "test" just by riding in a truck passed with flying colors After riding in the back of a truck for 1100 miles across some really crappy roads (Colorado I-25) they were both still dead on zero.

View attachment 509028
You have been lucky. I have watch at airport luggage handler throw down rifle cases sever times. They didn't just drop them but threw them down. A 338 WM I had used from 2018 until the other day. I went to the range to check it. It was right on. In 2018 at the time they required you to fire your rifle before going out to hunt. No check to see if your rifle is sighted in No Hunt.

I guess you guys are going on guided hunts and the outfitters require you to prove that your rifles are zeroed? I wonder what would lead them to believe that most optics don't maintain zero? There's zero luck involved with using proven reliable equipment. Baggage handlers tossing rifle cases is of zero concern if you use reliable gear, it's in a hard shell padded case for crying out loud.

I hunt DIY and I've never been required to do anything for anyone except show license and tags to a warden upon request.