Nightforce vs Leupold

Bergerblaster

I'm in the market for a new scope to put on the top of a 7 PRC build I just finished. I have had a Nightforce NXS for a few years that I have been very happy with but would like something in first focal plane. I have been looking at the Nightforce NX8's. The 2.5-20x50 would be perfect I think but the short design will probably not fit on a long action with rail. I've seen some guys have used it on long actions but doesn't look like a great fit, especially if you want to keep it low. The 4-32x50 will fit fine, but I honestly think 32 power is way overkill for a long range hunting scope. I've heard some say it can be used to replace packing a spotter, but I don't see any other advantages.

This has left me looking at other options. The Leupold Mark 5 5-25x56 I think checks a lot of boxes. I just feel like I'll be giving up some durability compared to the Nightforce. Although the Mark 5 seems very popular in PRS and NRL Hunter lately and not many are using Nightforce. Is there a reason Nightforce isn't as popular?

I'm in the market for a new scope to put on the top of a 7 PRC build I just finished. I have had a Nightforce NXS for a few years that I have been very happy with but would like something in first focal plane. I have been looking at the Nightforce NX8's. The 2.5-20x50 would be perfect I think but the short design will probably not fit on a long action with rail. I've seen some guys have used it on long actions but doesn't look like a great fit, especially if you want to keep it low. The 4-32x50 will fit fine, but I honestly think 32 power is way overkill for a long range hunting scope. I've heard some say it can be used to replace packing a spotter, but I don't see any other advantages.

This has left me looking at other options. The Leupold Mark 5 5-25x56 I think checks a lot of boxes. I just feel like I'll be giving up some durability compared to the Nightforce. Although the Mark 5 seems very popular in PRS and NRL Hunter lately and not many are using Nightforce. Is there a reason Nightforce isn't as popular?
I have 2 nightforce the only answer I could come up with would be either the weight or the price.

Tried Leupold and they lost me. I like dialing and Leupolds would not hold zero. Just sold my last one this week.
I've never had an issue with my night force or zeiss V4's. Had 3 Leupold and all 3 would not hold zero and that just doesn't work for me.
However I did find the glass was exceptional on Leupold.
Next for me is going to be nx8 4-32 on upcoming build.

This has left me looking at other options. The Leupold Mark 5 5-25x56 I think checks a lot of boxes. I just feel like I'll be giving up some durability compared to the Nightforce. Although the Mark 5 seems very popular in PRS and NRL Hunter lately
Tried Leupold and they lost me. I like dialing and Leupolds would not hold zero. Just sold my last one this week.
I've never had an issue with my night force or zeiss V4's. Had 3 Leupold and all 3 would not hold zero and that just doesn't work for me.
However I did find the glass was exceptional on Leupold.
Next for me is going to be nx8 4-32 on upcoming build.
I like both but feel each has their own application depending on the reticle selected including 1st FP and 2nd FP options. I'm leaning towards the Nightforce the more long range shooting I do. The Leupold lineup has never let me down yet either

ATACR 4-16 or 4-20 is another option. NX8 is very nice but I found the reticle too thin at 3x and don't need the magnification above 20 anyways. The useful range seemed to be 5/6-20…so went with the ATACR for just a little more.

ATACR 4-16 or 4-20 is another option. NX8 is very nice but I found the reticle too thin at 3x and don't need the magnification above 20 anyways. The useful range seemed to be 5/6-20…so went with the ATACR for just a little more.
Yeah I'm a little worried about being able to see the reticle on low power hunting. Can you see the reticle better on low with the F1 ATACR? The ATACR has some better power range offerings, just a little more money than I'd like to spend and they are heavier. For that price I'd be tempted to try a Kahles.