Leupold vs nightforce

LIK2HNT

Leupold vs Nightforce scopes, which has the best warranty and repair work? I have used Leupold VX-3 scopes and other models for a long time without any problems. Their warranty is posted on their website. But I have never needed to use it. I could not find any warranty information on the Nightforce website. I am thinking of stepping up to the Leupold Mark 4 or the Nightforce NXS. For that kind of money I want to make sure that I can get the scopes repaired if I mess them up, and that warranty work will not be a problem.

Thanks
Bill

Nightforce has the same warranty. As far as the difference in the 2, NF is heavy and built like a tank. I use the 5.5-22 NXS on my "heavy gun" and the 4.5-14 Mark 4 on my carry rig. Glass quality is about equal, but i think the NF turrets are a shade crisper. I also prefer the MOA reticles offered by NF.

Leupold vs Nightforce scopes, which has the best warranty and repair work? I have used Leupold VX-3 scopes and other models for a long time without any problems. Their warranty is posted on their website. But I have never needed to use it. I could not find any warranty information on the Nightforce website. I am thinking of stepping up to the Leupold Mark 4 or the Nightforce NXS. For that kind of money I want to make sure that I can get the scopes repaired if I mess them up, and that warranty work will not be a problem.

Thanks
Bill
Nobody can beat the warranty or service of Leuopold and Zeiss.

Can't speak to NF other than to say they have a great reputation overall.

I'm personally not coinvinced the NF is a "better scope for the money" however.

I've just gone through this myself. I've owned Leupolds mostly, never a Night force. I narrowed it down to 2 comparable scopes for the specific rifle I have in mind, and ultimately went with the Mark 4 (ordered yesterday). In part due to backlog at Nightforce it would be a delay in getting the specific scope, with the reticle I want.
Leupold's warranty/service was as absolute as death and taxes a decade ago. There's been a thread or 2 going here that's beat that horse enough, and no need to reenact it. I count myself in both groups I've had stellar over the top service from Leupold, and then some not so much.
In the end I had no hesitation buying another Leupold Mark 4. I've had no issues with any of the ones we use. They are all on hard kicking rifles, and see hard use. If weight is an issue Leupold model for model will be lighter. A couple of our younger guys also have the NF, and they work great also.
Really I think suitability and availability should make your decision.

I have owned three M4's and 4 NF's for several years. Both brands have performed excellently with no need for service. Like others, I find the NF, with the exception of the 2.5x10 compact NF, too bulky and heavy for a rifle that needs to be carried to any great extent. I am very partial to my Mk4 4.5x14 for this type of hunting. I have ended up mounting my NF's on my target and competition rifles. I think the glass is equal to my eyes in clarity, but like the color contrast of the MK4 better, but that's just a personal thing. I do not like the eye relief difference when changing power settings with the Mk4 8.5x25.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.