This is whats wrong with hunting today

I'm partially posting this in response to the wonderful discussion @Huntnful started about smaller calibers. This is not a bash on small caliber hunters or anyone else for that matter (including the man in the video). Flash to the 5:50 mark and indulge. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is shaking my head in disbelief that guys like this are presenting info to people as if the round is actually the "Ultimate hunting round" IMO this is preposterous, with highly inaccurate and incomplete comparisons. This is what's wrong with hunting and especially long range hunting these days. Wondering if I'm not the only one here?

I thought it was crazy he mentioned a 6.5 prc in the heavy recoil Scenario but then doubled down on the crazy when he compared the damage a 80gr 22 creed to a 175 gr 7prc.

Every forum I participate in has some sort of discussion about this. My strong stance is 7mm mag or more for elk. Particularly for a mature bulls. No one needs an elk running 2 miles because they picked some 6.5 and then saying I killed it with a 6.5. If you are hunting cows and spikes then fine. I believe that agencies should put a limit on this for elk hunting. I do not care if recoil is an issue for you. If it is then you should not be hunting elk. If you cannot be accurate with a larger cartridge then you should not be hunting elk. It is the same ethics as taking1000 yd shots. I choose 300 wm or 7mm prc. I have lots of rifles - even larger calibers like 8mm rm (fantastic elk round) but these two are what I use.

I'm partially posting this in response to the wonderful discussion @Huntnful started about smaller calibers. This is not a bash on small caliber hunters or anyone else for that matter (including the man in the video). Flash to the 5:50 mark and indulge. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is shaking my head in disbelief that guys like this are presenting info to people as if the round is actually the "Ultimate hunting round" IMO this is preposterous, with highly inaccurate and incomplete comparisons. This is what's wrong with hunting and especially long range hunting these days. Wondering if I'm not the only one here?

He is placing far too much emphasis on the BC. Yeh, I pay particular attention to the BC and when reloading, I will choose the higher BC when available. But, there are far too many variables in the accuracy / kill scenario.