Tell me what you see…

Its definitely a huge improvement. Maybe that sub-group is a sign of what the new barrel is capable of once it settles in.
Yep! Like others have suggested earlier in the thread I'll try a couple different kinds of ammo and see how they print with the new barrel. There's not a ton of "hunting ammo" available online right now for 6.5 Grendel (that ISN'T priced through the roof) and that's strictly what I bought the upper for. I'll give some Barnes and PPU ammo (HPBT) a try and see what happens.

Tried some different ammo today.
Here's the 10 shots at 100 yards with the Hornady 123gr SST ammo from last time…
IMG_3907.jpeg

….and here's 10 shots at 100 yards with Hornady 'Black' 123gr BTHP from today. This seems to shoot a little tighter I think?🤔
IMG_3906.jpeg

In any case, it sure makes me appreciate my bolt-guns. 😂 Still, I may stop at Academy Sports on the way in to work tonight and buy a bunch more of this 'Black' ammo that they have on their shelves…..since that's where I purchased it. I can't see any factory ammo grouping much tighter than this stuff and I just can't bring myself to hand-load for it. 🤷‍♂️

Ive heard the Hornady Black is the best factory load for the Grendels. This has been a useful thread to follow to actually see the results from a quality barrel. That a respectable group size for factory ammo from a gas gun, for hunting medium game anyways. Probably good out to 300yds.

That a respectable group size for factory ammo from a gas gun, for hunting medium game anyways. Probably good out to 300yds.
GREAT feedback….exactly what I was looking for on this thread! Aside from the all the various "department issued" AR's I messed with this is the ONLY one I've ever personally owned. It simply has a factory Ruger lower that I switch back & forth between 5.56 & 6.5 Grendel.

It appears that you have not "focused" the mirror on the teslong or the wand is too far away from the surface of the bore, the picture should be clear, not all fuzzy and out of focus. Hard to tell what we are looking at other than a little bit of copper.

It appears that you have not "focused" the mirror on the teslong or the wand is too far away from the surface of the bore, the picture should be clear, not all fuzzy and out of focus. Hard to tell what we are looking at other than a little bit of copper.
As I stated in my #1 that was my gunsmith's monitor and I was taking pics of his screen with my phone. Quality isn't going to be 100% here….

GREAT feedback….exactly what I was looking for on this thread! Aside from the all the various "department issued" AR's I messed with this is the ONLY one I've ever personally owned. It simply has a factory Ruger lower that I switch back & forth between 5.56 & 6.5 Grendel.
Thank you, Im not the most experienced AR shooter all I know is this is the first forum thread directly comparing a cheaper barrel to a quality barrel with measurable results that I can compare with my 223 and 6.5G barrels (uppers). If I needed to I could buy some Hornady Black and if it grouped same as yours my cheaper barrel is a keeper.

I dont know how swapping uppers would affect accuracy, I haven't had anything noticeable when Ive done it. When I run muzzle velocities thru a ballistic calculator the Grendel seems to lose steam between 3 and 400yds so thats the max I would hunt deer at... IMO.

Im not the most experienced AR shooter
Nor am I. Would you be satisfied enough with the "Black" ammo results seen here to put a "halt" on the continued buying of different brands of ammo to "test"? Considering the point of diminishing returns, my Grendel upper (and new barrel) is solely for knocking off deer out to 250 yards……my "nature imposed" distance limitation.

Nor am I. Would you be satisfied enough with the "Black" ammo results seen here to put a "halt" on the continued buying of different brands of ammo to "test"? Considering the point of diminishing returns, my Grendel upper (and new barrel) is solely for knocking off deer out to 250 yards……my "nature imposed" distance limitation.
Short answer is yes.
Id probably buy another box (lot code) and validate your group size is consistent but if I read your target squares right your getting 1 to 1.25" moa from the black which is fine out to 300yds.

There is one caveat that the Blacks 123gn ELD Match bullet is not marketed as a hunting bullet, but I don't see why it wouldn't mushroom the same as any other lead cup and core design? You don't want a bullet to pencil thru or disintegrate like a frangible varmint bullet. I don't know what this bullet will do on deer but Ive heard some hunters have used match grade bullets with good results. Just something to note.