what make is your AR?

kc

I have been looking at a LARUE, I have no idea what this make is like. My neighbor is saving his money to buy one or a real good AR for hunting or just blasting rounds.

I would like your input. keith

Well no one ever likes my AR advice but my personal guns are LMT and Daniel Defence. I dont buy crap its mil spec only for hunting or range time, is the only way to go in my opnion. Larue is nice but they are not mil spec they do have some good stuff. The diffrence in price between a "HOBBY GUN" and a real tool is not that much and in my opnion your always better off with a mil spec rifle from a teir one company.

Here is everything you need to know and then some
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

Myself and all my customers have been very happy with Rock River Arms. Accurate, very good trigger, tight fit between upper and lower, and they look very well made. Every single person is happy with their RRA rifle. I feel they are the best for the money.

I for one appreciate the tip's, ICANHITHIMMAN. I've been doing a little research cuz Im looking at putting together an AR soon. So far I can't disagree with you about AR qualities!

Well PDog season opens 6/1 next door in South Dakota so gotta get busy

If anyone is looking for a dual roll AR for hunting and traning. I would look at Noveske. Choose your caliber wisely as 6.8 spc ammo is expensive. Bravo company also has alot of great offerings.

Its better to buy once and cry once. If you buy a hobby gun and try to run it like a teir one weapon your are in for trouble. I buy most stuff from Grant at G&R tactical he wont BS you. If your building your gun his LPK( lower parts kits) are the best you will find for the money and he has alot of "BLEM" parts from Tier one builders. Not out of spec just scratched for a discounted price.

I have a RRA M-4 and love it. I have never had any problems with it. I also have a Colt and a custom rifle built up. They're all great rifles, but the RRA is very smooth to operate.

First AR I bought was a Colt H-Bar in 223 of course... decent rifle.

Then I picked up a Bushmaster Carbon 15... I should have never sold that one...

Next was a Eagle Arms AR-10 in 308... most accurate semi I ever owned...

Next was a DPMS LR-243, This thing rocks... I really enjoy this one...

Then I got the bug again.... Picked up a STAG 223 LH, ordered a STAG 6.8 upper (LH) & built a RRA lower for it...

I also picked up (tremendous wait time) an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf upper... interesting little feller!:D

& at the last FNRA banquet won another Bushmaster, Which a buddy promptly took off my hands....

In Review... the Colt was..... a Colt, the AR-10 in 308 was great but heavier than I wanted at that time.... (hindsight!:rolleyes:)

The Carbon 15 was super light weight, but, was somewhat picky with what it liked to eat... I will probably buy another one now that I have more experience with them... oh & did I forget to mention they are self lubricating??

The STAGS are by far the best I've owned & having them in LH is great for me.

& the Beowulf is just an animal.... no muzzle break.... ouch..... that was a bad idea!!! I have a couple thing in mind for this rig...

I've got the following:

Bushmaster XM-15-love it. 16" barrel A2 style, post ban with weaver 1-4 red dot scope. Really dependable with all my reloads. Accurate, good trigger.

Stag Model 3 -love it also. 16" barrel, flattop, EOTech 553. Out of my two .223's, this is my favorite. Accurate, good trigger.

DPMS LR-308 AP4 - 6" barrel, flattop, Leupold Mark AR 6-18 scope, low-pro gas block. This has been a fun rifle. I've got 2K+ rounds through it and just had to replace the bolt (the extractor was broken & all springs were worn out). I've also upgraded the trigger to a Timney. Every DPMS I've looked at has had a crappy trigger so if you buy one, plan on upgrading.

Frankenrifle here. Seekins precision low deck lower custom run, S&W 5.45x39 upper, DD omega rail, magpul stock, and Comp M4 optic. This is my first AR and I have been having a ball with it. At $0.11 a round I can afford to shoot the heck out of it. 8)

I have two that have Bushmaster lowers. One has a Bushmaster upper with an EOTech and the other has a DPMS upper with an el cheapo BSA red dot. They both look and shoot great.

I have a LaRue & Noveske. You can't go wrong with a LaRue or Noveske. Any of the better made guns will serve you fine. Rock river, bushmaster, Etc are all good guns.

Although I have two great .223, I still have the bug to purchase an AR plateform in a larger caliber. I have been researching and may have narrorred it down to having GAP Precision build the GAP-10 for me in .260 and try this rifle out, or would I be better off getting it in .308. I would like to shoot to 800 yards with it for comp and coyote's. GAP seems to build a very accurate rifle and said the GAP-10 will shooting 3/4".

Any thoughs and suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.