Tell me what you see…

There is one caveat that the Blacks 123gn ELD Match bullet is not marketed as a hunting bullet, but I don't see why it wouldn't mushroom the same as any other lead cup and core design?
Well, I haven't tried those yet. Maybe I should at the very least buy a box or two of the ELD-M's and see what they say? Today's results were with the BTHP and the target from 2/16 was with the SST's.
You don't want a bullet to pencil thru or disintegrate like a frangible varmint bullet.
Copy THAT!
Short answer is yes.
Copy that, too. 👍

Well, I haven't tried those yet. Maybe I should at the very least buy a box or two of the ELD-M's and see what they say? Today's results were with the BTHP and the target from 2/16 was with the SST's.
As far as I know the Hornady Black is the ELD Match you tested today?

1708812419648.png

A

The grendel can be accurate in an ar with a good barrel, trigger and hand loads. You have a mediocre barrel shooting factory ammo. With the 123 eld, lapua brass and 8208 mine will do a solid 3/4 moa for 5 shots.

The grendel can be accurate in an ar with a good barrel, trigger and hand loads.
Right on, but a barrel from X-Caliber was the most I was putting into it and…..*sigh*…..I don't plan on hand-loading for it……despite the 10 lbs of 8208 XBR I have on my shelves.
You have a mediocre barrel shooting factory ammo.
I guess this was a "mediocre factory venture" I undertook…..and I'm good with that. 😉

Right on, but a barrel from X-Caliber was the most I was putting into it and…..*sigh*…..I don't plan on hand-loading for it……despite the 10 lbs of 8208 XBR I have on my shelves.

I guess this was a "mediocre factory venture" I undertook…..and I'm good with that. 😉
I didnt mean to come off like a hater. I have some psa stuff. It's usually ok for the price point. I bought a Blackhole weaponry barrel on sale. Faxon is another barrel not bad for the price.

Not on Grendel, but I, too, have had great success with the mediocre X-caliber barrel.