1st Solo Bedding Job

At some point I really need to learn how to do this.
My uncle was a gun smith and he taught me how had me start on cheap Marlin model 60 22lr . That way I was not messing up a very expensive stock . I AGREE WITH TAPING THE WHOLE STOCK if you get epoxy on your fingers and don't realize it you will have it all over the stock. The devil is in the details. It takes me 2 hours of prep and 10 Minutes to do epoxy get it torque and ready to set and harden. Probably 1 to 2 hours to clean all the clay and release agent up. that is why I like to do 2 or 3 at the same time.

2 things to watch for when you are bedding a rifle.
1--What ever you use for a release agent, don't spare it. Put it everywhere
2--Watch for a mechanical lock, ie measure the recoil lug.. make sure it is not wider at the bottom than the top.
JMO

2 things to watch for when you are bedding a rifle.
1--What ever you use for a release agent, don't spare it. Put it everywhere
2--Watch for a mechanical lock, ie measure the recoil lug.. make sure it is not wider at the bottom than the top.
JMO
Great advice - No 2 is common on mauser recoil lugs. The difference can almost not be seen with the naked eye, sometimes less than .01, but it is enough to lock it in. Dress it with a file till you eliminate the wider flare at the bottom.

Does anyone else use a curing box and also check the bedding job with an indicator?
I do now!
The first one I didn't back in 1976.
Without the dial indicator you would not know why it shoots terrible when you torque it to specs.
My first rifle shot fine at 20 inch pounds but at 55 in pds (spec at that time) groups opened up due to stock stress.
Dial indicator is your friend when bedding an action a stock.

I do now!
The first one I didn't back in 1976.
Without the dial indicator you would not know why it shoots terrible when you torque it to specs.
My first rifle shot fine at 20 inch pounds but at 55 in pds (spec at that time) groups opened up due to stock stress.
Dial indicator is your friend when bedding an action a stock.
Can you provide pics on how you setup your dial indicator to measure deflection/stress? I have tried to get a dial indicator connected, but run into problems with it moving when I touch the rifle prior to releasing the torque on the action screws.

Ugh I didn't use enough release agent, any ideas or just destroy this stock and get a new one? it's a Remington sendero(hs stock) and it's stuck good ugh… it shoots fine it just won't come apart… maybe just leave it but it wasn't what I had planned…

Ugh I didn't use enough release agent, any ideas or just destroy this stock and get a new one? it's a Remington sendero(hs stock) and it's stuck good ugh… it shoots fine it just won't come apart… maybe just leave it but it wasn't what I had planned…
I have heard of people using a heat gun to soften it up enough to allow it to be pulled apart, have you tried that?

I have heard of people using a heat gun to soften it up enough to allow it to be pulled apart, have you tried that?
Or freeze the whole works to try and shrink it.

If you have bedding-bolts for the stock, you could re-install and give them a few taps w/a dead-blow to see if that gets things moving.