What Happened Here ?

I guess this forum is kind of like my Facebook, cause I've never done Facebook.
A fellow told me that there's only two things on Facebook. Complaining or bragging. Anyway, I'm sure I've posted some things that could have been better than what they were. I do enjoy trying to help someone out with their shooting. If I ever led some one in the wrong direction, I didn't do it knowingly. I admit I don't know everything. It's the folks that won't admit that they don't know everything that is usually a stumbling block for a fellow on a budget trying to get into this. Most people don't just go from shooting factory ammo in a $350 rifle to purchasing a $5000 rifle with $3000 optic & handloading. There's usually a long transition to that. I always liked trying to do everything I possibly could in this sport for myself along with learning from others. Seems like that's what most of us here does also. That's what makes this forum great. But yeah, there's a few here that just wants to prove that they wrote the book on long range shooting & hunting and enjoys talking down to the little guy. Maybe those guys will find the Hide & join up over there.

Very well said Sir

For those of you that have been here a long time, there is no doubt about it, you can see the change with the addition of the "like" button. And now we get a score? A reaction score? These things are there for one purpose and one purpose only. Drama. "Like" buttons were not created to make people feel better, the were created to make people feel worse when they don't get a "like". It makes people want to post more, so they can get more "likes", so they can go back to feeling how they felt before they made a post that didn't get any "likes". Not to make them feel better, just to make them feel as good as they felt before. Many many people live for "likes" from people they don't know and never will.

Just a thought, I could be completely off base, but the timing is spot on. ...............oh boy, I hope I get a "like" out of this.

What in the H E double toothpicks is a reaction score??.....seriously

Anyway Butterbean, that's what I think happened here. Most of the "greats" don't "like" stuff like this. Lucky for us, there's still a couple that just won't give it up.

I'm a complete hypocrite by the way, I hammer that "like" button all the time. But I just do it to bring people back to how they felt a moment ago......charity "likes" I like to call them. I'm starting a npo, where you can "donate" your "likes" to me....and a promise I'll distribute them to those that need them most, but in order to do so, I'll need to keep enough of those "likes" to keep me feeling good, so I have the ability to distribute them with clear, healthy, and unbiased mind.

Yes I do! I actually kind of miss him. I get the feelings otherwise, but he was consistently just himself.

Kind of the kid in class, you learned a lot from while someone explained thing to him.
MudRunner is where the 7828 and Bergers came from, it didn't make any difference if you were shooting a 17 or a 375 7828 and a Berger was what he used 😂😂😂

For those of you that have been here a long time, there is no doubt about it, you can see the change with the addition of the "like" button. And now we get a score? A reaction score? These things are there for one purpose and one purpose only. Drama. "Like" buttons were not created to make people feel better, the were created to make people feel worse when they don't get a "like". It makes people want to post more, so they can get more "likes", so they can go back to feeling how they felt before they made a post that didn't get any "likes". Not to make them feel better, just to make them feel as good as they felt before. Many many people live for "likes" from people they don't know and never will.

Just a thought, I could be completely off base, but the timing is spot on. ...............oh boy, I hope I get a "like" out of this.

You're not getting a "like" from me, mister but I enjoyed reading your post and it resonates with me!

I'm just using this because I've had this argument a hundred times here about annealing, When someone asks about annealing by hand and the immediate response is you cant do it that way you need to buy machine, and I will agree it's not the best way but it can be done and done correctly, I just really bothers me that someone would belittle somebody trying to learn, like I said "I was that guy "

I have really enjoyed this sight over the years as well, and still do. There are several people here that not only have a wealth of knowledge, but are also very skilled at passing that knowledge on like your on the porch having a beer and a conversation. There are always going to be folks that either don't communicate well or are just here to troll. For me it's worth reading 4 pages of filler for the quality responses posted for the picking. It is true I sometimes feel like I don't dare mention I found a 1/4 minute load for my 6.5 Creed with H414 cause I just don't need the lecture on temp stability and being a "supporter". That said, I can't complain because I actually enjoy reading the threads about actual experiences people have with powders and temperature fluctuations. I am now a little worried to hear we have a score, who keeps track of that and how did you know you have one? Does everyone have a score? Do we need to have a certain score to stay on here? Good thread Mr. ButterBean.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.