What happened to Small Lady?

I haven't seen a post from her for quite a while. I hope she's okay.
Small lady was last on LRH 12/12/23. There is quite a few LRH members that we have not seen on the forum in a while. Life happens and things get busy. Hope that Small Lady is just taking a break. We recently had a few friends that stopped replying to us. Then their wives called us and told us they passed away.
We have a lot of LRH members that have become friends. If they are not posting in a while I always check to see when they last visited the Forum. They are usually around, just not posting.
I need to take a break especially when I stay up after 10:00pm and too tired and just ramble on.
I also need to stay way from the CLASSIFIEDS. (SPEND TOO MUCH).

Small lady was last on LRH 12/12/23. There is quite a few LRH members that we have not seen on the forum in a while. Life happens and things get busy. Hope that Small Lady is just taking a break. We recently had a few friends that stopped replying to us. Then their wives called us and told us they passed away.
We have a lot of LRH members that have become friends. If they are not posting in a while I always check to see when they last visited the Forum. They are usually around, just not posting.
I need to take a break especially when I stay up after 10:00pm and too tired and just ramble on.
I also need to stay way from the CLASSIFIEDS. (SPEND TOO MUCH).
You hit the nail on the head.
The last couple months a lot of members have been silent.
I hope and pray the best for them. 🙏

I and several others share an opinion of The Small Lady, from paying close attention to the stories she told, and the complete lack of verification offered in support.
In fact I do not believe for one minute "she" was anything remotely similar to who and what "she" claimed.
My opinion.
Maybe the bureau gave "her" a promotion….

Vaguely remember being young, probably took years away from forums only casually dropping in when bored or recovering. Although the ai bot is plausible albeit the pics checked out with the geography and story lines.
My guess is life, forums are an easy time vaccum to drop.

Guess you didn't see the me and my horse pic? Either the horse was a miniature or she was well over the 5'2" ish 90ish lbs alluded to in the description.

Two days to remember, Oct 2nd and Oct 15th

Oct 2nd

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to shooting.
Having moved from a large city, and never shooting a gun before, to living on a huge acreage, and now a gun owner.

I first bought a 22 long rifle, then a lever 30-30, but a couple weeks ago bought a Christensen Ridgeline 7mm PRC.
My new Christensen is what I want to get the scope for.
My budget is up to $5000, I've heard there are scopes that cost triple that, but they're not for me.
I know that I want at least a 50mm if not 56mm so it is bright. Magnification from say 3, 4, or 5, up to 24 or more.

Do any good scopes have built in range finders?

I'm not very good at guessing distances.

Will any scope fit on my rifle?

I have shot a few peoples rifles this past year with scopes on them, and noticed a huge amount of quality difference when looking through them, between cheap, and more expensive.

Oct 15th

Thank you.

I to have read every post in this thread, and appreciate them all, even those who posted about stuff I don't want, as its good to get a wide range of opinions.
Picked up my new Leupold scope yesterday, and before I got around to mounting it myself, as I was running multiple vehicles back and forth to the city to get new winter tires, it became a project for the guys, who mounted it yesterday, and then got it sighted in pretty darn close shooting beer cans.
Last night I was told that I had to finish tweaking it, but it would hit a beer can at 100 yards lol.
Yes I do love my boss and coworkers.
Last night and today I finished up adjusting it, and then put another 22 rounds through it today, not once missing a beer can at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. Its been great practice using my new Leica rangemaster, and then setting up the drop in my scope.
At 500 yards i just barely hit the bottom of the Kokanee can, aiming for the middle, but did hit it at least. I readjusted for shots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 at 500 yards, and was closer to center, but shot 4 was really high and almost went over the can, so know what is too low, and too High at 500 yards.
Great post you wrote up here Don, appreciate it, thanks.

Ps. I feel good about my moose hunt in a few days.
I have put 142 rounds through my new 7mm, and coworkers another 18.
I cleaned it a little bit ago, then put 1 fouling round through it from my front deck.
Forgot to buy a spare battery for my scope, so hopefully it lasts through my hunt, If not no worries, just no lit up red center dot. Should look up what battery it takes, write it on my weekly shopping list, so I don't forget again.

Kokanee Beer can

12oz

IMG_2876.jpeg

16oz

IMG_2878.jpeg

I was curious about how many Canadians actually use yards versus meters in everyday conversion. I have been sent up there for cold weather R&D on certain aircraft and that was my biggest obstacle, my math and there math didn't work because my brain was wired in inches

November 26th

I think that we all want less government.
But 'if' the government wants to limit hunters, it should be based on proficiency, not caliber.
And to answer your other point about some guns cannot be accurate at those distances, well then they are eliminated, and no longer a concern.
Hunters that aren't idiots, should be the goal.

Not people who have their scope store mounted, and say close enough.
Or a box of ammo lasts them years.
Either they are a good shot, or they stay home.
And if whatever they are shooting is still accurate at 500 yards, it is likely still traveling at a good speed, or they couldn't hit 4 out of 4 targets. Sure they might fluke 1, but that's why its never just 1 shot. The bare minimum should be 4 in my opinion.
Want to hunt with my boss, then you have to prove to be accurate 20 out of 20 shots, or else he won't let you hunt at those distances.
He uses a beer can as his measure.
If you can hit 20 out of 20 beer cans at 100 yards, but not 200, then you're not allowed to hunt past 100 yards with him. His hunt, his rules. I don't miss at 100, 200, 300, 400, or 500 yards. I can usually get 20 for 20 at 600 yards, but not always. 700 well I am more like 14 out of 20, and at 800 yards, hit 5 to 11 most days, so call myself a 5 out of 20 shooter at 800. We don't shoot targets a lot here, usually an object, or beer cans. Personally I don't count my 100 yard shots as a hit unless i hit the particular letter printed on the can I was aiming for.

I know that you prefer a 300wm, nice guns in my opinion.
My boss would call it a pee shooter, or BB gun, because again we all have our own opinions. Doesn't make the right or wrong, just different.
One persons 223, is another persons 338, is anothers 600 express.

Scope initially arrived and was zeroed on the 15th of October and by November 26th, we are hitting this routinely at up to 800yds. I am not saying it's not possible, because I know people who can do it, but they literally have 10s of 1000s of rounds downrange thru multiple platforms.

The Beverage Can (12 oz) has an overall height of 4.8" (12.2 cm) and diameter of 2.6" (6.62 cm).

The moose hunt story from October 22nd

These are tough kids, raised on a ranch, and don't even own a video game.
But they do each have a dirt bike, horse, and snowmobile.
Their mother home schools them, the ranch hands and I teach them sports. Absolutely the least whining kids I've ever met, but quick with a hug, compliment, or to share.

This summer, August I believe, I went to camp alone. Did some scouting, figured out where I wanted to sit, and cleaned up 2 areas some, and the brush down to the game trails so I had a clear shot.
Evening 1 Shannon and I sat up on our little hill, that overlooked a what appears to be busy game trail, that goes down to the river. We had our rifles settled down on the ground, on our little canvas tarp, we had noted the distance to the trail in 3 spots, and we were ready.
So casual sitting on our camping chairs, wrapped in our blankets, sipping hot chocolate from our thermos.
We had sat there less than an hour and along comes a beautiful bull moose.
We slowly and quietly got into our prone shooting positions, and as we had discussed Shannon took the 1st shot, if it didn't just drop, I would follow up quickly with another shot while she she got ready for her next shot.
She patiently laid there, when the moose was near the blue ribbon we had tied to a branch she fired. I was sure that she hit it, but it did almost nothing. It didn't run, it took a couple slow steps ahead and looked up and to the side toward us, and I fired. It seemed like an eternity had passed, but in reality was a couple of seconds. I mainly know it was a couple seconds because others heard our shots and said they were 2 or 3 seconds apart.
It was down a second after my shot.
Shannon was already getting ready to take her 2nd shot, and I said its okay sweetheart he is down. We began walking down the hill and over our radio we hear voices " what did you get"?
I said a nice bull moose.
The others all began heading towards us to help.
We tugged and tugged till his head was facing downhill, and then slit his throat open to bleed out.
We got our little saws out and had just cut his head off when the first group showed up, 15 minutes later the rest arrived.
I love men, those 3 guys basically took over, and began gutting and preparing it.
Us 6 gals mostly watched.
We were only 1.9 kms from camp, and a pretty good trail, but it was not as easy when packing out a moose.
Us women carried out 2 quarters, my boss who is outrageously strong packed a quarter, and the other 2 men carried the last piece together.
We were back at camp, all smiles and giggles, life was good, when we realized that we had left 4 rifles in the bush, and our camp chairs, tarp etc. So the 2 eldest girls of my boss, ( 10 and 12 ) and I, pretty much jogged in the dark back to gather everything up.
Apparently we were loud, because when we got back they teased us about making enough noise to chase off any wildlife within 20 kms. Lol
We were talking, singing, and laughing very loud.
It really was the perfect start to a perfect trip.

Someday I would like to have a child of my own, and hope he/she is even half as awesome as these girls are.
Ps. Sorry for the long rambling post. But good for you if you read the whole thing. Now go get a life 🤣😂😉

Mind you, she didn't get her scope until the 15th of October, Moose season started on or about the 10th of September, plausible since the season runs well into December?

This was just a few of the inconsistencies my brain picked up on and filed away.

Would like to know the MOA of a beer can at 500yds - 800yds

There are more inconsistencies if you read the quotes and line up the dates, just using these few quotes.

Last edited:
Guess you didn't see the me and my horse pic? Either the horse was a miniature or she was well over the 5'2" ish 90ish lbs alluded to in the description.

Two days to remember, Oct 2nd and Oct 15th

Oct 2nd

Oct 15th

Kokanee Beer can

12oz

View attachment 539933

16oz

View attachment 539935

I was curious about how many Canadians actually use yards versus meters in everyday conversion. I have been sent up there for cold weather R&D on certain aircraft and that was my biggest obstacle, my math and there math didn't work because my brain was wired in inches

November 26th

Scope initially arrived and was zeroed on the 15th of October and by November 26th, we are hitting this routinely at up to 800yds. I am not saying it's not possible, because I know people who can do it, but they literally have 10s of 1000s of rounds downrange thru multiple platforms.

The moose hunt story from October 22nd

Mind you, she didn't get her scope until the 15th of October, Moose season started on or about the 10th of September, plausible since the season runs well into December?

This was just a few of the inconsistencies my brain picked up on and filed away.

Would like to know the MOA of a beer can at 500yds - 800yds

There are more inconsistencies if you read the quotes and line up the dates, just using these few quotes.
Dang, Darryle, that's an excellent analysis with audit trails. 👍