What happened to gun shows?

skookum

The last couple gun shows I have been to have been a complete disappointment with the one I was at today to be included. Whatever happend to being able to get a used gun for a decent price? I feel like people are way too attached to their stuff. There wasn't a single gun or optic worth buying in the whole place that I could go buy cheaper, and new off the rack at any retail store. Anyways, rant over. Maybe it's just a trend in the the northwest. I have to go to one every couple years to be reminded how disappointing they can be.

morning, guns in general have increased in value 25%
over--20 yrs. everything in the hunting and fishing world
has increased in value. hunting leases in TX. r
2 expensive for the working man. in TX. hogs r
a $100.00 per hundred pounds. anything over
said weight in a $1.00 more. figure that!!
justme gbot tum

I think It is all about the money nowadays. Time was that if you bought a rifle and paid $500.00 dollars for it, used it for 10 years and decided to sell it to buy a bigger more powerful rifle/cartridge. you would try to sell it for 3 or $400.00 dollars and consider it a good deal considering you got 10 years of good service out of it and you got to use it for 10 to 15 dollars a year. So if anything it was essentially free.

Now People want to make a profit even if they enjoyed it and want more than the original purchase price. Nothing wrong with making profit, but it does seam like most people want more than they paid for it new.

So a person needs/has to know the original price and the deprecation of the used rifle and its condition before buying.

There are very few good/fair deals to be had any more and you just have to resist paying to much and just keep looking. And if you are looking for something very popular at the moment, you probably wont find any good deals.

J E CUSTOM

here in dfw area most of the gun shows are the same gun show every time you go same guns same vendors prices r basically high but because of table rent but it's the flea market stuff that really makes the show not worth going to. the only real true gun show is the wanamaker gun show in tulsa Oklahoma . you see 7m mags 3006 270 win at every gun show it's the other calibers that you don't see hardly

It's changed a lot..Now they fix the prices and charge a war price for everything!
True deals don't exist at gun shows anymore. I like the dealer shows that you have to show your FFL to get in.Not public and wholesale pricing . I watch for those..

The gun shows here aren't much more than a pawn shop. The venders buy there tables to get first pick at the good deals. They walk the show before it opens buy good deals then mark it up and put it on there tables. Then offer less than half value for a trade that you bring in. I know a couple people who run a show and are always bragging of the deals they find.

Yep...becoming a joke.....went to two gun shows in Reno this past winter.....incredibly over priced items....and rhe cost of getting in was outrageous too.....
Didn't dare buy a beer or any food.....

Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I did go just to get out of the house but there was one rifle yesterday that I found interesting, it was an older bull barrel Rem 700 in .223 with about a 30 year old leupold. Looked like a great varmint rifle. New in 1986 it was $500, they wanted $1450!! Then at another booth I found what looked like a 1st Gen ATACR, the guy wanted $1800 for it. Absolutely insane! This culture is going to price themselves out of a market.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.