What Happened Here? .308 case ribbed

BigBlack

Anyone care to guess what happened to these, .308 Federal Case. They were picked up at the range and feel as if they were fire formed to a chamber with rifling's cut in. They were also very sooty all over as you can see in the rim and neck area. They were nearly completely black from soot.

Anyway would like your thoughts!

308ribbed.jpg

Hi, it looks like these we're fired in a fluted chamber , fluted chambers we're used to ease extraction in some semi auto's I think I'm right in saying that the old squeeze cock H&K 9mm pistols had these but it's been so long since our idiot government banned handguns that the old memory is starting to fade........

watch your new government closely and vigourously fight any changes they propose , and above all stick together . we lost handguns largly due to the we're alright attitude from our very own NRA !

I have a FA91 .308 that dose this to the brass. I thought it was strange at first but it's not a big deal. I only load that brass for the rifle.

Yep from an H&K or somthing , the one time I got to see a PSG-1 they came out looking like that , I think its from what they call a fluted chamber , supposed to help reliablity when in dirty conditions

No riflings in the chamber. They were fired in an automatic rifle that works on blowback.
A buddy of mine has a rifle that does the same thing to his brass. It is an HK I think.

See even an old fart can learn something every now and then.

I have never seen this before!!!!

Thanks Goodgrouper
J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.