THIS IS A DIFICULT ONE FOR ME. I THOUGHT I WOULD PUT IN MUDDYBOOTS-PRAYERS NEEDED

Drowning or Downing? I know you like to hunt the swamps, and with
your big feet, you can ski some in there, but, come to think of it, I think you did send me a trail cam photo of a big buck in velvet and I did wonder why he was a wearing that orange life jacket??
Craig posted a picture of a buck that he shot on a hunting trip that ended up in a pool of deep water. He had to call his son to help get it out of the water. I guess that I just enjoyed that blooper a little too much. He claims that he shot the buck, but there was no witness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drowning?!!! That's a technique I've never tried!😂
Been there done that! Highly effective!
20181114_110740.jpeg

So little update. I am now walking at least 1,000 yds in my driveway. Luckily its 49 yds long but with extra width the turn around gives me full 50 yds each way. So one full round trip is 100yds which is cool. I try to do 6-7 round trips in morning and fill in balance to get me 1,000 yds. So far, zero pain, just need time to build strength back up. Freaking amazing how fast your muscles atrophied from 25 days in hospital even with their PT. But it is so cool to see and feel your strength build each day. I generally walk around house without walker but as extra caution bought a Sasquatch sized one for outside that works great. I see spine doc next Thursday prob final close out along with PT scheduling. Starting in therapy pool then to machines.

Already looking at it as portable blind wrapped in camo. Can see nice swivel gun support or x-bow support!😂

So took some time to build up strength and enough stamina to get things a working but I see me sitting in woods opening of bow! I have son and friends ready to pull critters out. They have been doing it for years for me, Yes, I am blessed with one hellava son that takes real good care of me knowing my physical limitations. Plus friends that pitch in as well. Just so blessed.
Glad to see you are doing well. Take it slow. Be careful with therapy. I had an overzealous therapist put me back in the hospital on a previous surgery so I asked my Doc if I could do my own therapy on my time and at my pace. She had no problem with that and everything worked out fine. Only you know your limits. The absolute hardest thing for a man to accept is that he now has limits and cannot do all the things he could do before. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I'm glad you are making progress. It sounds like you are doing the absolute best thing that you can be doing right now which is getting up and walking. It takes a long time for bone to heal and grow. You'll still be healing and having nerves wake up a year or more from now. Take care and stay positive.

Glad to see you are doing well. Take it slow. Be careful with therapy. I had an overzealous therapist put me back in the hospital on a previous surgery so I asked my Doc if I could do my own therapy on my time and at my pace. She had no problem with that and everything worked out fine. Only you know your limits. The absolute hardest thing for a man to accept is that he now has limits and cannot do all the things he could do before. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I'm glad you are making progress. It sounds like you are doing the absolute best thing that you can be doing right now which is getting up and walking. It takes a long time for bone to heal and grow. You'll still be healing and having nerves wake up a year or more from now. Take care and stay positive.
Spot on, therapist did some serious damage to my hip flexor while in hospital. I stopped her on next day and told her what I would do. Still fighting hip flexor 3+ weeks later. Sent note to spine doc and he stopped their over zealous approach. You really have to be your own health advocate. Be prepared to take over your treatment if you get gut feel its going wrong. And don't back down.

Hope your recovery is going well. There's always a risk when someone tinkers with your spine. What kind of back surgery? Had something in the lumbar area a couple years ago. Fixed a couple things, but not all of them. Now I'm looking at an adrenalectomy and a partial nephrectomy in the next couple weeks. I tell ya the fun never ends.

Hope your recovery is going well. There's always a risk when someone tinkers with your spine. What kind of back surgery? Had something in the lumbar area a couple years ago. Fixed a couple things, but not all of them. Now I'm looking at an adrenalectomy and a partial nephrectomy in the next couple weeks. I tell ya the fun never ends.
L2-L5 Lumbar Fusion. Surgery went perfect. Post has been fun.

Bone stimulator?! What does that entail??

Sends current into bone to stimulate new bone growth.

Sends current into bone to stimulate new bone growth.
A therapist used one of those on my arm after surgery. As I remember it made the muscles in the area feel like they balled up. That one looks different, but mine was 24 years ago.