talk to me about brakes 338 edge 300 gr 2700 plus

again i do not like the small muzzle dia.
they open that up i might look at it,
again i have a 1" muzzle
JE Custom Assassin brake (especially if it's tuned), with the APS painkiller coming in a close second stock vs stock. Heard very good things about the 5 port Beast brakes as well

I own and have experience with these
APA fat bastard& lil bastard
Large APS pain killer
Terminator T-3
Lil beast
Can't go wrong with any of these.

I have tried others but like these the best. Another worth looking at is the Assasian brake.

My last EDGE IMP was 14.5lbs and wore a Holland QD brake. Recoil was like a shooting a 12lb .308 unbraked. But these other brakes are much better than the Holland and on a 20lb edge it will be pleasant to shoot.

Since weight is not a concern a 5 port brake with a 1-1.5 di would be a good choice.

I have a 4 port beast from https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/ . on my 338 Lapua . I'm shooting 300 gr Bergers at 2930FPS from a 30" bbl . muzzle Dia is just under 1" , rifle weighs about 16 pounds . it is a ***** cat to shoot . if I were you I'd buy a 5 port beast . my opinion is ; you'll have trouble finding a more effective brake .

I have a Terminator T3 on my 338 and have zero complaints about recoil shooting 300 gr loads at 2750 fps. Have also had good experience with JEC Custom and APA FB brakes on other rifles.

I to use the beast from Muzzle brakes and more on my 338 edge works great rifle is around 13 pounds and it just gives a little push I am very happy

I have a 4 port Muscle Brake on a 12 lb 338 NM and an shoot it all I want.
I put that brake on my current 338 Lap imp when I first had it put together. It was the new version 5 port. I had heard good things about it like what you have said. I evidently am a recoil sissy. I had to replace it with the PK. It was like shooting a 338 win mag sporter weight un braked. I now will let any kid shoot this rifle.

Maybe I got a bad one?

Last edited:
i do not like the small brake thread dia, with a 1" muzzle i would like to see a 3/4 or larger thread.
any opinion of the 5 port on the edge ? too big ??

thanks
This is why I used the medium pk on my 338. I did turn it down to min dia to slim it some.

Another vote for the beast brake. Running a 4 port on an improved 338-378 shooting 300 gn Berger's. Originally had a radial break but it had a substantial amount of push. Switched to the beast and now very pleasant to shoot.

From the maker of the beast brake.
He posted velocities while testing. This is the only testing I've seen do this. To me this is the only way you can be sure they are comparing the same apples to apples for each product.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.