338 RUM, 33 Nosler, 338 Edge, 338 Win, 338 Allen Express, or 338 Norma with 300 gr. Sierras???

Please answer, with regards to brass availability, and the highest accuracy potential; WHICH 338?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GH0oxplrFrqPC.gif

Exactly! If I had fired that at the range, with my cheek against the stock, it certainly would have.......plus a piece of barrel most likely would have injured or killed my Dad as well. I'm just truly THANKFUL that it wasn't any worse. :)
Glad to hear both of yo uh are ok. That is a scary event to say the least. Guess we all need to take note and learn from this.

In all honesty, it didn't hurt much either, our Heavenly Father definitely had me under his wings of protection, because if it had of blew at the range two weeks earlier, it would have killed me AND my dad who was sitting to the left of my bench. :)

I've played it over and over in my head, and both my dad and I KNOW what an absolute FLUKE this was. I even have safety training once a year with the National Civil War Artillery Association, and was raised firing firearms. It was just one crazy accident that shouldn't have ever happened. "Just A LITTLE rust is all that it took." :rolleyes:
That is terrible. I wonder. Do you suppose the patch caught on the rest and you did not get the ball seated? Black is an explosion and with air space?

That is terrible. I wonder. Do you suppose the patch caught on the rest and you did not get the ball seated? Black is an explosion and with air space?
The musket fired a Minie Ball which is more easily compared to a conical shotgun slug. Most likely what happened, is that there was a small space where the Minie Ball never seated all the way to the powder charge. I rammed it to what seemed like the proper depth, however it had been a year or two since I "live fired" it. The rust made me think that it was seated on the powder charge, when in fact, it wasn't; the rust was "grabbing" the lead. The musket was usually used in Civil War reenactments predominantly.
........keep in mind, it wasn't a lot of rust either.

You broke your legs when the gun blew up?
Long story made as short as possible, as I pointed it downward to discharge it into the ground it detonated, "almost" blowing my right leg completely off.........only about 1 inch diameter of ligaments and tendons and skin held my lower leg on; dropping me instantly to the ground. It also blew my left calf in half. No one was around (LUCKILY, as my wife would have panicked and fainted), so I took off my coat to lay my right leg on it, and pulled myself up two stairs at the back deck; reaching up to open the sliding glass door, across the wood dining room floor, and the living room floor, and onto the carpet in our bedroom, to where my cell phone was charging on the bed stand to call 911. I had to take a Helicopter ride to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, TN, where I spent about 5 days. If I didn't have a strong upper body strength from years of Rock Climbing, there's no way that I could do it. Most people can't believe what I overcame, including the Sheriff's Department and the EMTs, but one does what they have to when pressed. :cool:
Ps. I praise our Heavenly Father for me living, and keeping BOTH legs.

My God. Stuff nightmares are made of. I went through an episode where I broke my left lower leg in 7 places but nothing compared to this. I was down for about 6 months. I pray that you heal completely. I am sure you have very good support from your family and church. What you said about we do what we have to do. We sure do. I wish you all the best!!!

My God. Stuff nightmares are made of. I went through an episode where I broke my left lower leg in 7 places but nothing compared to this. I was down for about 6 months. I pray that you heal completely. I am sure you have very good support from your family and church. What you said about we do what we have to do. We sure do. I wish you all the best!!!
Thank You David. I have a pretty good support group, it's my finances that are taking a beating. Luckily, I do have good insurance. I'm just taking one day at a time, and doing the very best that I can.

Below is my new Titanium:
20200112_194536.jpg

I know Bryan came in 2nd once with an Edge...back before the 2 mile target was at 2 miles...lol
I talked to Paul Phillips and he said that you're right. Bryan took second in 2016 using his edge, Mitch, his partner took first using the 375 lethal mag. Paul was coaching both.

Thank You David. I have a pretty good support group, it's my finances that are taking a beating. Luckily, I do have good insurance. I'm just taking one day at a time, and doing the very best that I can.

Below is my new Titanium:
View attachment 168975
Remember Winston Churchills speech during the battle of Britian. This WILL be our finest hour. Godspeed

Long story made as short as possible, as I pointed it downward to discharge it into the ground it detonated, "almost" blowing my right leg completely off.........only about 1 inch diameter of ligaments and tendons and skin held my lower leg on; dropping me instantly to the ground. It also blew my left calf in half. No one was around (LUCKILY, as my wife would have panicked and fainted), so I took off my coat to lay my right leg on it, and pulled myself up two stairs at the back deck; reaching up to open the sliding glass door, across the wood dining room floor, and the living room floor, and onto the carpet in our bedroom, to where my cell phone was charging on the bed stand to call 911. I had to take a Helicopter ride to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, TN, where I spent about 5 days. If I didn't have a strong upper body strength from years of Rock Climbing, there's no way that I could do it. Most people can't believe what I overcame, including the Sheriff's Department and the EMTs, but one does what they have to when pressed. :cool:
Ps. I praise our Heavenly Father for me living, and keeping BOTH legs.

I don't even know what to say. You are a survivor for sure. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you recover quickly.