338 Edge

Thanks for all the help.
sounds like I need to go 4"
ill go back to the internet and figure out all my options for that, or is that dbm from unknown munitions the only thing that will work with a 4" mag?
will definitely keep this updated throughout the build.

Just got the gun back from the gunsmith today
turned out nice.
finished up with a #5 contour 27" 5r 1 in 9 rock creek tube, krg bravo with the CIP length mags
timmny elite hunter flat shoe set at 2lb
boring rifles 4 port break from red hawk.
m16 extractor and new ejector in the bolt.
warne 20moa base

next I'm waiting on my scope and rings that's supposed to be here soon…

planning to aluma-Hyde the barreled action for the finish.
heres how it sits now.

fingers crossed I'll be shooting it this weekend for the initial break in…
AE80A4DD-63F8-457D-9227-9F3BB654911A.jpeg

Just got the gun back from the gunsmith today
turned out nice.
finished up with a #5 contour 27" 5r 1 in 9 rock creek tube, krg bravo with the CIP length mags
timmny elite hunter flat shoe set at 2lb
boring rifles 4 port break from red hawk.
m16 extractor and new ejector in the bolt.
warne 20moa base

next I'm waiting on my scope and rings that's supposed to be here soon…

planning to aluma-Hyde the barreled action for the finish.
heres how it sits now.

fingers crossed I'll be shooting it this weekend for the initial break in…View attachment 468404
I hope it works out for you but that CIP length mag is going to handicap you IMO.

Just buy my edge. Has a Kreiger barrel and adjustable game warden. Shoots great

Took it out for the first time yesterday, i had lapped it and cleaned it to start.
shot a total of 15 rounds, worked up from 86gr to slight pressure sings with 91.5 gr of H1000 and a 285 eld at 2855/2869 FPS
out of the gate it was getting 3/4'' 100 yd groups.

I think once the barrel is broke in its gonna be a great shooter.
Next session ill be doing a ladder test Starting at about 90gr.

Side note
the Boring rifles break is the loudest break I've ever had the misfortune of shooting.
My Sordin ear muffs were not enoug, needed plugs and muffs.
Anyone ever had one of these breaks?
was also shooting a 7 mag with a regular side port and it was about half as loud seemingly lol…

Sounds like your on your way !
Nice looking set up also !!

Dont underestimate that 338 Edge , I have had a bunch of them and they flat shoot !
Try the 300 gr bergers also . I have been out to 3027 yards with the Edge !
I need to test some different powders , I only had H-1000 to mess with at the time.

I will be following your Success with this Edge !

Rum Man

Well I got some new glass and got it all put together.
got a NF 2.5-20-50 and it sure is nice, its held on with some Warne rings and 20 minute rail.
Also did the Brownells Aluma Hyde II on the barreled action. Pretty impressed with that product too, (i did screw it up the first time but stripped it super easy with brake cleaner and got it perfect the second time)

Yesterday I went out for session #2
started at my previous stopping point and did a ladder test went all the way up to 95.2gr of h1000 before i started to see slight pressure signs Using the 285gr ELD.
The zone i need to be in is that 94.2/94.6gr range, shot a good 500 yard group at 94.4gr after the test then it got to hot and wind went to crap before i could play more.

The 94.4gr load was give it me 2910,2902,2912 on the lab radar so i was happy with that spread!

So far so good. I am happy with the progress.
ill try and keep this up to date As I go along…

Next session i am planning to try the 270gr ELD X with H1000 and US869 in addition to playing with this 285gr load some more.
35FB4042-8FF3-4671-A4B3-BB367D5591DD.jpeg

I think the Norma makes a lot of sense especially trying to mag feed the long pills but i was trying to utilize what i had without buying a new action.
I am very impressed with the Edge so far thou…

Whats everyone's thoughts on the badlands precision bulldozer for that 1000 plus terminal performance.
I have mixed feelings about the monos at those 1000 yd plus situations…