338 Edge

Ivorygrip

Hello all,

I am in the process of building a 338 Edge (finally)

27" finished Rock Creek 5r 1 in 9"
Remington 700 action

the next part is the stock/chassis …. I really want to do a KRG bravo chassis with the CIP length Acis mags (3.850)"
but I am curious what y'all think, will I be ok with that length of mags using a 260HH, 285ELD or 270ELD X whatever shoots the best.
or do I need a 4" option.
and if so what options would you guys recommend for a chassis that i could use those xxl mags.
I would like to stay with a chassis instead of getting a stock if possible.
thanks….

I use a 4in DBM in mine. COAL 3.910. 300gr Berger Elite Hunter with H1000. Here is a link to the DBM. Go max length in the beginning. You can always shorten your load, but you can't always lengthen you magazine.

Ok thanks for th info.

I really would love to run the KRG Chassis
But…maybe the cip length would not be long enough…?

Hello all,

Remington 700 action

the next part is the stock/chassis …. I really want to do a KRG bravo chassis with the CIP length Acis mags (3.850)"
but I am curious what y'all think, will I be ok with that length of mags using a 260HH, 285ELD or 270ELD X whatever shoots the best.
and if so what options would you guys recommend for a chassis that i could use those xxl mags.
thanks….
Ok thanks for th info.

I really would love to run the KRG Chassis
But…maybe the cip length would not be long enough…?
The .338 EDGE/.338 LM/I needs to be at the 4" COAL to take advantage of the long bullets. This is one of the reasons I went the .338 NMI route over the .338 LMI route.

.338_Lapua_Magnum_vs_.338_Norma_Magnum.jpg

.338 Thor cut-out 300 Berger 3.7 COAL.jpg

My .338 Thor with 300 Berger 3.7" COAL on 3.850" CIP mag. Cutout to show bullet seating depth relationship.

Good luck with your rifle build.

Hello all,

Remington 700 action

thanks….
I have almost the same build going but with a Defiance anti..would love to know which way you go and how you like it

Hello all,

Remington 700 action

thanks….
I've got 3.850 mags and can't tickle lands loading to feed from mags. That's with a 250 grain SMK. Some day I'll be going 4"