talk to me about brakes 338 edge 300 gr 2700 plus

thanks,, they said they would do a 3/4 thread, but recoil reduction is a requirement.

Threads for their .338 LM model - 5/8-24. Also they state, "In tests using a Savage 110 rifle, SMI's Attenu8tor matched the recoil reduction of the stock brake, but decreased muzzle flip by 85%, helping hunters and target shooters to get back on target quickly!" If no greater recoil reduction than the stock Savage, a very strong PASS! The stock Savage is terrible in reducing recoil. That's from direct, personal experience.

ELR did you ever have luck on fix for your terrapin.Less the outrageous quote/repair.I have same problem on mine

Another vote for beast brakes! I have a 4 port lil beast on my 338 RUM and it has hardly any recoil at all it's like shooting my 243 win. He's working on a super beast for even larger barrel diameters and I'm sure he'd cut whatever threads you need and you can't beat it for the price!

The BEAST brakes are great!
I have a beast, lil beast, and baby beast.
I have also shot a friend's 338 edge with a super beast on a rest. Pretty much just set shoulder barely against the stock and pull the trigger on his 338 edge.
Great guy to deal with.

I run a 5 port muscle brake on my 338 edge thats around 12 pounds spitting 285 eld-m at 2980fps and its my favorite rifle to shoot still. I would definitely buy another one. I know that Rockymtnmt did not have good luck with his as he mentions earlier in this thread and has on some others but I love mine. As with anything in life there always has to be a lemon and someone will end up with it. I've shot a 4 port beast on a 338 Sherman with 250 bergers going 2800+ and I think the rifle was fairly light (around 9ish pounds) and I was not very impressed. I havent experienced that much concussion as shooter or spotter since I was shot a radial brake on a friends rifle. I also have a 3 port mini mag muscle brake on my 300 Sherman Shortmag that works very well also.
Good luck with so many choices and opinions out there.

I'm using a fat bastard gen 1 on my edge it's under 16lbs, I enjoy shooting it more then my 25-06

Attachments

• E0CC52A8-2C8E-44AC-B589-1798D7A82736.jpeg
    E0CC52A8-2C8E-44AC-B589-1798D7A82736.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
Iv got a T2 on my 9.8 lb 338 Excalibur shooting a 300 Berger at 3080. tried a T3 couldnt tell the difference .great breaks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.