talk to me about brakes 338 edge 300 gr 2700 plus

I have a fat bastard on my 338 laupa.
As mentioned, it works great for recoil reduction, but the muzzle blast even directly behind the rifle is more than I care for. It feels like it pressurizes my sinuses every time I pull the trigger. Easy on the shoulder, but I think the muzzle blast makes me flinch half of the time.

For me if would come down to the beast and terminator brakes. The main difference is the beast will have some downward thrust. On a really heavy rifle, it may not matter. Theres a big price difference however. You can order a terminator with small hole in it to bore to size, you have to ask for it.

does not compute
" The Medium 3 port Painkiller muzzle brake actually comes in two different versions, Standard and Slim. Both have 5/8"x28 TPI threads and fit on muzzle diameters from 0.660" up to 0.910""

i want large dia threads...3/4, 7/8

This is why I used the medium pk on my 338. I did turn it down to min dia to slim it some.

does not compute
" The Medium 3 port Painkiller muzzle brake actually comes in two different versions, Standard and Slim. Both have 5/8"x28 TPI threads and fit on muzzle diameters from 0.660" up to 0.910""

i want large dia threads...3/4, 7/8
I'm sure Kirby will cut you the threads you want. Calling his shop would get the information you want vs on a forum.

I have a fat bastard on my 338 laupa.
As mentioned, it works great for recoil reduction, but the muzzle blast even directly behind the rifle is more than I care for. It feels like it pressurizes my sinuses every time I pull the trigger. Easy on the shoulder, but I think the muzzle blast makes me flinch half of the time.

When I did the research building my Edge, I was going to get the Fat Bastard. But my concern is exactly what you are experiencing. I ended up going with the Heathen, which uses 90 degree rear vents to direct the blast in a broader path around the shooter.

Is it absolutely the best recoil reducing brake? No, but it is a great balance between reducing recoil and making the overall experience more comfortable for a shooter and even moreso any spotter close beside them.

Mine is a fairly light specimen (14lbs) but with this brake it's like a slow recoiling 300WM...longer slower recoil impulse. Much more pleasant to shoot than my Sendero in 300WM which isn't much lighter (12.5lbs). For hunting use the overall experience is great. When I did a 60 round long range match I did end up with a sore shoulder.

too small and threads are too small, but thanks

When I did the research building my Edge, I was going to get the Fat Bastard. But my concern is exactly what you are experiencing. I ended up going with the Heathen, which uses 90 degree rear vents to direct the blast in a broader path around the shooter.

Is it absolutely the best recoil reducing brake? No, but it is a great balance between reducing recoil and making the overall experience more comfortable for a shooter and even moreso any spotter close beside them.

Mine is a fairly light specimen (14lbs) but with this brake it's like a slow recoiling 300WM...longer slower recoil impulse. Much more pleasant to shoot than my Sendero in 300WM which isn't much lighter (12.5lbs). For hunting use the overall experience is great. When I did a 60 round long range match I did end up with a sore shoulder.

I built my brake 1.5" diameter three port with 18deg back angle .30" pipe15lb 338rum pushing 300gr bergers at 2780.the recoil is so light my son 12yrs old can shoot it .I average 1/2 minuet groups but the muzzle blast is huge it blows the flame out of my propane heater 6 feet away when I shoot in cold weather.

I use the 5 port beast on my 11.5lb 338RUM running 300gr SMK at 2820. not as fast as some of these others, but it's a light rifle. The beast is very effective and it cuts recoil substantially over the Silencerco Hybrid when directly threaded. If I run the can for very long I get a very sore cheekbone from the stock, recoil isn't harsh but heavy. The Beast changes things all together. Also, Nathan that makes the brakes is a pleasure to work with and he can bore the brake to any size you'd like. He has some good stuff. IdahoCTD on the forum here.

gentlemen, any comments/knowledge on this
SMI's Attenu8tor
Threads for their .338 LM model - 5/8-24. Also they state, "In tests using a Savage 110 rifle, SMI's Attenu8tor matched the recoil reduction of the stock brake, but decreased muzzle flip by 85%, helping hunters and target shooters to get back on target quickly!" If no greater recoil reduction than the stock Savage, a very strong PASS! The stock Savage is terrible in reducing recoil. That's from direct, personal experience.

Threads for their .338 LM model - 5/8-24. Also they state, "In tests using a Savage 110 rifle, SMI's Attenu8tor matched the recoil reduction of the stock brake, but decreased muzzle flip by 85%, helping hunters and target shooters to get back on target quickly!" If no greater recoil reduction than the stock Savage, a very strong PASS! The stock Savage is terrible in reducing recoil. That's from direct, personal experience.
ELR Had a question for you and cant rember pm steps

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.