Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

On the Corbin walnut press I have the ram already has 7/8 thread and the opening is so tall that the piece I added on to 7/8 die part, for slip in holders doesn't have to be short, can extend up couple inches, and as well for heavy swaging on bmg cases I extended the 7/8 length on a bmg screw in die, so I can use the shorter linkage holes for more leverage and power..Ed

On the Corbin walnut press I have the ram already has 7/8 thread and the opening is so tall that the piece I added on to 7/8 die part, for slip in holders doesn't have to be short, can extend up couple inches, and as well for heavy swaging on bmg cases I extended the 7/8 length on a bmg screw in die, so I can use the shorter linkage holes for more leverage and power..Ed

Ed - in any case, an RCBS Ammomaster, or equivalent Hornady, will provide full, conventional, reloading capability (without special die or bushing) at about the same price as the RCE Walnut Hill - and the Lee (which you're using) is much less expensive than those. So more than one way to skin this cat.

As always, a pleasure to view your inventiveness.

The advantage the walnut hill has is with extra various shell holder deals
I rigged up with few minutes work each, is I can push and swage the metal around in 20mm and bmg cases easy with the short hole pivot, load 20mm, and
much cheaper than 20 mm presses. It can do stuff like big special press that Warners made in the video to make their 375 Warner. And I do as much a I can on my Ammomaster(my baby) and Lee classic, and a couple clones of the Lee called Smartreloader. Got couple Lymans with few mods so they can do extra long cases , did same with Lee. Ed

Great Selection of L.R. / E.L.R. Rifles ...
downloadfile-1.png

Last edited:
Wonder if PTRD with 5 ft long barrel is stable enough

for ELR , using our 416 hsm or .........maybe .458 HSM..........

Here is up north guy using 585 HE in a PTRD with inserts,

Light load.....Inserts are in the shape of the 14.5mm case....

This Summer I will be trying to reach out as far as I can with my Remington M40 700 Long Range Rifle with a 300 Remington Ultra Magnum 200+gr. ELD-Match Load using a max. amount of Retumbo to exceed speed's of 3,100fps.
Any guesses on what distance I will achieve with this setup ?

Last edited:
Mitch had **** near perfect conditions for his shot. With good conditions....I mean honestly the bullet should still be super sonic at 2400. No reason accuracy shouldn't be predictable at that distance if not further.

So do you think it's possible then with
my 300 R.U.M. with this load :
225gr. - ELD-MATCH
103gr. - MAGNUM
3,100fps - .730 B.C.

It all depends on you. Weather conditions and if the Gun can do it. Theres one way to find out. Also it hinges around if the bullet can make it through the trans sonic range and still fly good sub sonic.

Last edited:
HERE is a video, 585 Hubel Express and water jugs - slow motion

750 gr with 155gr RE17, just a moderate load.....Ed