Ramshot Grand

I will share my results with this powder. Ramshot Grand
I'm in the process of load development for a new Christensen arms 7mm PRC ridgeline with the 22'' barrel. Im currently testing the 195 Berger, ADG brass, and 215M primers. So far, this powder has done what NO other has. The rifle is hitting velocities over 2900 and the E.S. is extremely low. A good friend turned me on to it as he too had very good results with his 7mm PRC. So far I'm at 69.6 grains as per the Hodgdon book (MAX) with no pressure signs. I didn't try any of the reloader powders as I didnt have them in stock and Ranmshot Grand is doing everything I want. However, I did test several other powders all of which had low velocities along with early pressure signs. This powder is worth a try. I hope my post/experience helps someone with their load development. The process can be frustrating and this web site has helped me out over the years. Thanks

FYI, As for the Christensen arms factory rifle, I'm extremely disappointed in the customer service, quality control, and overall experience. Never again!!! I waited over four months for the rifle AFTER I paid for it in full. Then it wouldn't feed bullets from the case, the bolt was extremely difficult to slide or close, scope mount holes were cross damaged, and the trigger had issues. Buyer beware, these things or at least mine has been a disappointment so far.
Update......
I just got a call from (as I was typing this) them, they're building me a new rifle and plan on destroying this one.
Hopefully the second time is the ticket.
Keep me up to date on your rifle. I'm a CA owner also.

Last week I shot some test loads to get a velocity range with Grand powder in 300 win mag and 180 gr Accubonds.
78.0 grs of Grand got me 2968 fps average.Did not shoot for accuracy that day,I just wanted to get a velocity range.I am looking for 2960 to 3000 fps and loaded a few more to raise the velocity.
I have more test loads to try also as I am getting great velocity with H4350 and want to isolate velocities in the 2960-3000 fps.
Accuracy test will come soon but Grand,Staball HD and H4350 did get me in the velocity window I wanted.
I like H4350 as not temp sensitive and clean burning.Grand is not temp sensitive also but requires more powder to get the same velocity as H4350.
I'll report when I get out to break in the new scope and test the loads I have already loaded but this time I will shoot for group size as well as velocity.

I seen on another for forum. The discontinued is an era on the page. I was wondering about the Grand in 280AI and 300 wby. Local shop is getting some this week. H1000 is up to 72.00 plus tax per can locally . Grand is going to sale for 58.00 per can.

I seen on another for forum. The discontinued is an era on the page. I was wondering about the Grand in 280AI and 300 wby. Local shop is getting some this week. H1000 is up to 72.00 plus tax per can locally . Grand is going to sale for 58.00 per can.
no grand info in 300wby, only hd. 280ai list both

Anybody know why Hogdon lists Grand as discontinued?
I just went to the Hodgon website and it is for sale today! Not sure where you got that?
Yes, it was previously showing as discontinued, as @Catskills noted. So, I sent them an e-mail query on July 5, 2024, below.

1723462940633.png

and their response on July 8, 2024, below.
1723463053376.png

I am glad it has been fixed.

The difference between confirming an issue with the source or going through social media.
And please understand though I might sound overly critical I'm fall for this from time to time. I recently did this when I know better lol.

I tried RS grand in my .300 Win Mag Barrett MRAD, .300 win mag 1:10 twist and it Gaven me really crappy results for accuracy with the Hornady 220 ELDM's
I'm going to load some Sierras up and see how those do. I used the exact same loading as the Higdon website, annealer and prepped brass and exact components. Anyone else use it in their 22" .300 Win Mag yet?

Just bought 3lbs Grand at Uncle Larry's at $51/lb. Hazmat $23. Bought it yesterday, got shipping tracking number short while ago. Have brass all set to load in both 300WM and .270 Win.
Well finally got to shoot post lumbar back fusion in July which was such a joy to get behind the infamous .270TH! Unfortunately, Grand pressured out way below RL26 pixie dust with both the 151HHT and the 156HH. Really disappointed hoping it would get close enough. But I also ran the 151HHT with RL26 and holy cow! Hit 3300 with no sign of pressure, brass clean, easy bolt lift etc. I will not even go further, happy as can be at 3300!

Well finally got to shoot post lumbar back fusion in July which was such a joy to get behind the infamous .270TH! Unfortunately, Grand pressured out way below RL26 pixie dust with both the 151HHT and the 156HH. Really disappointed hoping it would get close enough. But I also ran the 151HHT with RL26 and holy cow! Hit 3300 with no sign of pressure, brass clean, easy bolt lift etc. I will not even go further, happy as can be at 3300!
can you post some data? barrel length? what did grand produce for results? Just because it did not give the results in a long throated 270 win with a limited case capacity to bore diameter and a slippery projectile does not necessarily mean it won't be a great powder for a more over bore cartridge with a heavy projectile.