Savage 110 Long Action

I went through this with an older long action stagger feed. Wound up going with a Bell carlson and keeping it blind mag. Many of the stocks are for center feed bottom bolt release. I converted a 30:06 to 280 AI.

This👆. I have one on a model 10 and I highly recommend.
Fennix & 300 Driver,
My text conversations with Kim at Stockys I was told they do not have anything that will fit my savage with the specs as listed in my post.
Savage 110 .jpg

My best WAG for what is being presented to you is ~$900 (stock, mag, bedding, etc.). Fiberglass stocks are not cheap.

For $500, you can do the Oryx Chassis (https://mdttac.com/oryx-chassis-system/) route + AICS mag (https://mdttac.com/300wm-mdt-metal-magazine/). You can have both for $500, depending on where you get them. This is the route I took with my 257 WBY build.

1726346899461.jpeg

.257 WBTY Savage 110 LA scoped  2 of 7.jpg

.257 WBTY Savage 110 LA scoped  5 of 7.jpg

.257 WBY scoped and suppressed.jpg

The action was from a Savage 110 7MM RM. Oryx now works for either top or bottom bolt release.

Last edited:
Fennix & 300 Driver,
My text conversations with Kim at Stockys I was told they do not have anything that will fit my savage with the specs as listed in my post.
View attachment 602192
Kim is correct. They don't make a direct drop in for your stock. If you want drop in, see FEENIX's comments. But your action screw spacing and all specs but bolt release are identical. I was in the same boat and took a gamble that I could remove material to make the top bolt release work. It did indeed work out and the rifle shoots great. See pics below of completed rifle and inletting.

IMG_2124.jpegIMG_2125.jpegIMG_2126.jpeg

I did bed the action, but not sure it was necessary. The accublock is pretty consistent if your screw torque is consistent.

Trigger is another area you'll want to change. I've had accutriggers and they are ok, but this gun was an older model. I bought the target accutriger sear and spring from Gun Shack. I now have a repeatable 1.8lb crisp pull. Best I could do working the old trigger was 2.7lb. If you don't like working triggers or aren't comfortable to be safe, then the Jard triggers are said to be top notch. I am sure FEENIX knows the best Savage triggers.

I second the above cost estimate as well. You may be able to get it a little lower, but you'll have to catch some deals.

Stock ~$500 if you catch Stocky sale
AM bottom metal $130
AICS mag $80
GunShack sear and spring $75

Is this going to be a carry rifle or a dedicated lay in the prone long range rig?

I ask as the DBM is cool and all, but it is not super easy to get into positions (at least for me) and hangs up on my gear.

Both of my Savages have the blind mag. A 110 Flat Back in a Bell and Carlson and a 110 338 Lapua sits in a McMillan Game Warden. Single feed on the Lapua as it is a dedicated long range rig (I guess). It had the original HS Precision stock with the AM bottom metal. It was nice but again, not my thing.

The AM bottom metal did fit my older flat back though, so HS Precision with that BM would work if you are set on that.

Otherwise the chassis option seems to be the easiest way to get stocks for Savages that fit them all.

All of my 110's (6) have top release. MDT chassis and 1 Stocky's (not 100% sure of model) and other chassis systems that ARE top bolt release types. The only issue I have with the Stocky's is fitting. Doesn't want to sit correctly when action screws are torqued.

The only issue I have with the Stocky's is fitting. Doesn't want to sit correctly when action screws are torqued.
My action rocked considerably in the stock. Some minor sanding remedied that. Also had to mill out the bottom to get the Accurate Mag bm to fully seat. That said, my plan was to bed it with pillars from the start.

Recent Posts