Glass options for a savage 110 long action

Deerslayer11

Okay I just bought an old savage110 in 30-06 from my neighbor because he needed some money. I tried a nikon buck masters but it was to small. I'm thinking a bushnell but don't know how good they are. Also don't want to spend more than 100 dollars because I will most likely use this for bear. Thanks.

okay i just bought an old savage110 in 30-06 from my neighbor because he needed some money. I tried a nikon buck masters but it was to small. I'm thinking a bushnell but don't know how good they are. Also don't want to spend more than 100 dollars because i will most likely use this for bear. Thanks.

Yikes!

11, more specifics, perhaps knowing the size scope and rings you have would help. Sounds like you need different height rings for a simple fix or are the rings for a 30 mm scope??

Savage actions are very long between the base screw holes. Some scopes with short tubes do not work with standard bases because there is not enough room to sit down in the rings between the eyepiece and the objective bell. I personally use an egw rail on my 110 because it allows me to use any scope I want in any position I want without this being an issue. You can go this route or you can try and find a scope that is long enough to sit in the current ring/base setup. I cannot recommend any scopes in the less than 100 price range.

Savage actions are very long between the base screw holes. Some scopes with short tubes do not work with standard bases because there is not enough room to sit down in the rings between the eyepiece and the objective bell. I personally use an egw rail on my 110 because it allows me to use any scope I want in any position I want without this being an issue. You can go this route or you can try and find a scope that is long enough to sit in the current ring/base setup. I cannot recommend any scopes in the less than 100 price range.

+1in use of picatinny rail.

11, more specifics, perhaps knowing the size scope and rings you have would help. Sounds like you need different height rings for a simple fix or are the rings for a 30 mm scope??

No I have a 1 inch scope with one inch rings, but the tube is not long enough

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.