Longest coyote kill. Gun and what state u live in.

I smoked a dingo at just over 400 with my 30/06 throwing Winchester 180gn factory stuff. He was sitting looking at me thinking he was safe, put the cross hairs just over his head and smacked him at the base of the neck. Glad I had the kids with me to see it, it's good to have a witness sometimes.

528 yards, .270 AI with 175 Matrix VLD @ 2993 FPS ... in the Big Sky Country of MT.

9hofF1A.jpg

TvaquHK.jpg
Holy smokes.

Mt best shot was only about 185 yards. Deer hunting in Mexico, had a pack of 5 come in to my sendero. Ran the deer off of course. Coyotes eat corn in Mexico. I'm pretty sure I had my 270WSM and 4 of the five were lined up next to each other broadside eating corn. My stand was only 4' off the ground. Three of them laying withen 10' of where they were and a blood trail headed thru the cactus.

Rhett,
3 sed 'yotes out of four with ONE shot? WOW! My hat is off to you.

Eric B.
Just got lucky on the line up. I was using 150G ABLRs behind RL26. Shot a buck at 240 that week also. Same load. Straight pass thru. Missed ribs on both sides. Had to track him about a hundred yards. Went back to Sierra BTSPs after that.

Mt best shot was only about 185 yards. Deer hunting in Mexico, had a pack of 5 come in to my sendero. Ran the deer off of course. Coyotes eat corn in Mexico. I'm pretty sure I had my 270WSM and 4 of the five were lined up next to each other broadside eating corn. My stand was only 4' off the ground. Three of them laying withen 10' of where they were and a blood trail headed thru the cactus.
And no pics?? Yikes!! I never go anywhere w/o my phone/camera. My favorite video is the guy that blasted 2 wolves with one shot. He had a 270 WSM too!

And no pics?? Yikes!! I never go anywhere w/o my phone/camera. My favorite video is the guy that blasted 2 wolves with one shot. He had a 270 WSM too!
upload_2018-8-30_7-21-13.jpg

See the Sony camcorder that was stolen from our camp house. I HAD quite a few pics/ videos. Lost a generator and some other stuff too. Live and learn.

so far the furthest coyote I've killed was 610 yards with my 338 edge 300 Berger elite hunter. killed 2 this year 575 and 545 with my 6mm creedmoor 105 Berger hvld

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.