Longest coyote kill. Gun and what state u live in.

Assassin, I live in SW Kansas near Moscow. It is on Hiway 56, west of Dodge City. Gun used was a Winchester Custom Shop Sharpshooter, 26" barrel, Nightforce NXS 5.5x22 w/ NP-R2 reticle. Shot was taken while hunting antelope north of Sharon Springs, Kansas

What range and cartridge?

My favorite bullet showing up again ! 178 gr. A-MAX: Most accurate in my 30 calibers ! It's replacement does not shoot as accurate for me!

I have not been able to find a replacement for it, but I do have 62 boxes in my loading room, so I'm good for a long while yet. My long barreled 300 Weatherby Magnum is the only .30 caliber rifle I have that will shoot this bullet accurately, and when it's accuracy falls to the wayside, it will definitely be replaced with an identical 36" barrel.

I have not been able to find a replacement for it, but I do have 62 boxes in my loading room, so I'm good for a long while yet. My long barreled 300 Weatherby Magnum is the only .30 caliber rifle I have that will shoot this bullet accurately, and when it's accuracy falls to the wayside, it will definitely be replaced with an identical 36" barrel.
I use it in a 308 Norma Mag and a 300 win. mag. The 168 gr. don't shoot bad either but you can't shoot quit as far .

I shoot the 168 gr. A-MAX in a Ruger #1 chambered on 308X444 Improved, and I have shot it to 1,200 yards and have taken several coyotes with it. It has been the most consistently accurate bullet tested.

I shoot the 168 gr. A-MAX in a Ruger #1 chambered on 308X444 Improved, and I have shot it to 1,200 yards and have taken several coyotes with it. It has been the most consistently accurate bullet tested.
I like both the 178 & the 168 gr. AMAX I shoot the 178 out over 1500 yards and it is still kicking the dirt up pretty well ! I never tried heavier AMAX bullets but I think something around 210 gr,. would be even better for extended long range. The replacement for these do not shoot as accurate in my guns. The AMAX are good long range hunting bullets but at close range they do ruin some meat, but they kill !

I have guns that will shoot the 155 gr., 168 gr. and 178 gr. A-MAX bullets, but I have not been able to shoot the 208 gr. A-MAX accurately at high velocity. I have guns and loads that will shoot 3/8" or less average group sizes when that 208 gr. is pushed to no more than 1,500 fps., but that is a waste of good bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.