Longest Coyote Kill

Oh no, A VTR 223 :-( . I hope it feeds for you. Mine was a jamomatic. . .
I did like mine in some ways. But I got so I hated it because it was so unreliable at feeding.

But, I hope yours works good for you. I liked the triangular barrel. Would like one in 243 or 260 Rem / 6.5 Creedmoor.

gun) Yeah you can't short stroke it. I like how it shoots. But it is loud. It puts a good group together at 200. I'm a bow hunter .and duck hunter. So this long-distance stuff is new

Ya, short stroking wasn't the problem all of my other rifles were either standard of long magnum length. I did find the muzzle brake to be of limited effectiveness compared to my other muzzle broke rifles. But that's OK. Like I say I hope yours does well for you.

My longest was over 1200, but I just took this one that was chewing on a dead elk at 715 yards with my 300 win and a 215 Berger.

003640x480_zps8b6644db.jpg

I shot my first-ever called in coyote with a 110 grain Hornady spire point from my .30-06. About all that was left was his tail....

I am a bit handicapped only having a 300 win until I get my 338 from Shawn.:D

But it was the biggest I had with me so I guess it was my best choice.:cool:

Jeff

No such thing as "TOO" dead..

A wise man once told me "fear the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to shoot it"! :D

Got this one back in March. I took my son along. 444 yards with a Remington 700 VTR in .223 with a Nikon 4x12 scope. Coyote came into a Lightning Jack call and a Sit-n-Spin decoy. When he crossed a cattle pasture the cattle chased him out to a hay field on the other side of the pasture.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.