In the Ear? Really???

PS_0279W_INNOCENT_PLANTS.jpg

Anybody know how to get ahold of djones or Coy Franks? Am leaving messaqges of various sites but so far no luck. Have been told that djones was asked to leave several sites, after locking horns with the management, which fits his modus operandi, but that's OK, been there, done that, but with other Senior executives in the company I retired from. Anyway, Senor Jones, or Coy, let me know where you are at!

I 've been hunting hogs for several years now, and have come to the conclusion that after several incidents that i needed to go to larger bores. My guns now are a 35 whelen with a nosler partition, or a 444 marlin with a 325 grain cast bullets. These work soo much better than smaller bores. Hogs give up quickly with these loads. Use a ruger redhawk with same 325 grain bullet loaded to about 1350. This is my backup load. Hogs are dangerous when wounded, this gives me some comfort, if they don't drop where they were shot.!!

I 've been hunting hogs for several years now, and have come to the conclusion that after several incidents that i needed to go to larger bores. My guns now are a 35 whelen with a nosler partition, or a 444 marlin with a 325 grain cast bullets. These work soo much better than smaller bores. Hogs give up quickly with these loads. Use a ruger redhawk with same 325 grain bullet loaded to about 1350. This is my backup load. Hogs are dangerous when wounded, this gives me some comfort, if they don't drop where they were shot.!!

The old saying with engines "There is no replacement for displacement" holds true with hogs as well!

I hunt from the comfort of a blind 90% of the time. Its nearly impossible to spot and stalk in this part of Texas.

I shoot them in the ear or just behind it and never have to chase them. They drop right there.

I've never been charged by a wounded hog but I'm pretty sure if I was, I would want an M240 to be safe... All in fun...

I do carry a .45acp as a side arm when approaching downed game.

I hunt from the comfort of a blind 90% of the time. Its nearly impossible to spot and stalk in this part of Texas.

I shoot them in the ear or just behind it and never have to chase them. They drop right there.

I've never been charged by a wounded hog but I'm pretty sure if I was, I would want an M240 to be safe... All in fun...

I do carry a .45acp as a side arm when approaching downed game.
Trust me, it gets exciting and you'll fine out who you are right quick the first time it happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.