In the Ear? Really???

I live in Florida and we have Hogs all over the place. I think Texas as more hog than Florida. What I have learn in the many years hunting them this is what I can tell you. Shot placement is right behind the ear (nice soft spot). Here there in packs, so if you are in the ground keep a eye behind you. The alpha male hog or sow with piggy's WILL
charge you. Male hogs over 80lbs taste like ----. Carry a pistol as backup 44mag, anything smaller good luck, because more than likely you are going to have one shot before he on your leg. I have a 10 acre ranch in center Florida with a nice wire fence. Those freaking hog will dig over the fence to go after the deer feeders inside.

That is why I changed from custom made leather chaps to Chain saw pants! Much lighter and cooler, but if they stop a chain saw blade running at full bore, they should stop a boar slash! 5 layers of Kevlar will **** near stop a bullet!

41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

That may be true, but 300lb boar will knock you down without a problem. I was mowing the grass around the outside fence in camp. When I ran into 300+ boar, now picture this me on a riding lawn mower headphone on and in the corner of my ear I is this hog in a full charge at me. Before I could draw pistol he ran into the rear of the lawn mower and push it sideways a foot and half. When he tried to do it again it didn't work out for him......meet Mr 44 mag shot him in the head and down he when.

????? IS there something about Instagram I ouoght to know about? Really have no idea what it is! Is this like one of those sites you guys were talking about several hundred posts ago?

Instagram is a way of sharing photos with others. DJ has some photos of dead pigs on there but he also has a collection of photos of him dressed in drag, in custom made leather full body suits, and a couple of him and a sheep.

I'll be just north west of San Antonio in the end of Jan. Hopefully the pigs are abundant this year. Bit slow last year. Instagram is new way to brag about how awsome your are. You snap a picture and post it for all to see. Cars, trucks, hunts anything cool. I do t use it but i think I got that right.

Where will you be? I live in Boerne, which is NE of SA.

Scrmblr, just read that you might be in San Antonio....The ranch where we shoot is about 35 miles SW of there, so if we head back to the ranch, maybe we can get together and have a cup of coffee or something, my treat. I MAY and only may, be able to put you into an area you can shoot some hogs, but down South along the Border lake, and a little East, the Pecan growers were begging for someone to come down and shoot the hogs. Apparently they were causing havoc with the hired hands getting attacked while trying to service the orchards. This was about a year ago, so will have to check with some people i know and see what the situation is now!

Anyway glad to see that you have moved closer and as long as you don't ask me to eat any Chicken swamp, or whatever you call it, I'm sure that we can get along fine!

Packrat

I'd love to get together when you head down this way. Can we badmouth DJ when we meet?

I'd love to get together when you head down this way. Can we badmouth DJ when we meet?

Of course we can badmouth DJ! Wouldn't be any fun otherwise and he is so much fun to badmouth. When we go down, the ranch is in the vicinity of Uvalde, TX. Kind of! If going to my Brothers house in Pasedena, we have to drive through Boeme on I-10. If going to the Ranch, we cut off somewhere around Kerrville and head South.

What you were saying about djones and Instagram reminds me of a Limmerick i once heard:
There once was a hermit named Dave
Who kept a dead sheep in his cave,
It may stink just a bit
and you may think me a ****,
But think of the money I save!

Anyway, will be talking to you about this when it gets closer. We were thinking about the end of February, but seems that my Son and Family are coming in that time frame so may be closer to the end of March, which I would assume has better weather anyway!

OK, thanks for the info, and will talk later!

Packrat

"Instagram is a way of sharing photos with others. DJ has some photos of dead pigs on there but he also has a collection of photos of him dressed in drag, in custom made leather full body suits, and a couple of him and a sheep." Quote: (Scrmblr1982cj8)

Oh, you mean he has gotten worse? Must be either the milo dust or the denatured Alcohol he is addicted to! As far as in Drag, well he always did walk with a swish and if with a sheep, that isn't any just any old sheep, that is his life partner!.....LOL.

Later

Packrat

Went to the new property today. 96 acres and no one has hunted hogs in years. Only downside is the the neighbors trap heavily, and haven't seen any hogs in months. I put out 2 bags of corn and a trail cam. Hopefully I'll get some hog pics when I check next weekend!

Hey Geoff, good luck on the new property.

Seems that this thread has died during the week when all you working people have to go to work. As a retiree, somehow manage to stay busier than when I was working.

That may be true, but 300lb boar will knock you down without a problem. I was mowing the grass around the outside fence in camp. When I ran into 300+ boar, now picture this me on a riding lawn mower headphone on and in the corner of my ear I is this hog in a full charge at me. Before I could draw pistol he ran into the rear of the lawn mower and push it sideways a foot and half. When he tried to do it again it didn't work out for him......meet Mr 44 mag shot him in the head and down he when.

Well that may be true, but if you ever wound one and have, absolutely have, to go in after him on foot, wear something he can't slash through. Usually we team up since visibility in SW Texas brush is about 15 - 20 feet and one guy covers the back door with a 12 gauge. Me I usually just carry the SA M1A scout with a 20 rd mag and a .357 backup. If they get close enough to knock you down, you're already in a situation where fresh underwear and maybe stiches is going to be required, and the Chain saw pants will protect your legs while kicking at his nose til your backup man can feed him a 12 ga. slug! So far have been lucky and haven't had to depend on slash proof pants, but who knows. Came close once, but lucked out!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.