2024 NM Pronghorn

What is going on in the skull in front of the right eye? Was he injured and blind in right eye? Very nice goat by the way.
We think he was shot by poachers some time ago, he was blind on the right, remarkably he healed. It must have been a small caliber as it didn't kill him.

Got it done two days ago in NM. Great fun, shot the pronghorn with a 7 PRC and a 180 gr Berger HT at 2940, 400 yards, dropped no issues. Rifle build by Lone Mountain Precision in Ennis, MT. Biggest goat to day for me, unofficially 88 3/4 inches, having it officially taped after drying period. Bullet worked great, big exit hole. Can't wait for 2025 pronghorn season again, probably my favorite critter to chase.
What a Brute!

Got it done two days ago in NM. Great fun, shot the pronghorn with a 7 PRC and a 180 gr Berger HT at 2940, 400 yards, dropped no issues. Rifle build by Lone Mountain Precision in Ennis, MT. Biggest goat to day for me, unofficially 88 3/4 inches, having it officially taped after drying period. Bullet worked great, big exit hole. Can't wait for 2025 pronghorn season again, probably my favorite critter to chase.
Congratulations! **** nice loper!

Heck of a lope, this is one that doesn't need to be long armed...:)

Were you guided or did you do it yourself?

Congrats on a super lope!