Pronghorn opener

Congrats.

Only archery for me this year. The buck I probably should have shot last year was still around. Unfortunately I didn't anchor properly and shot over him at 10 yds lol

Unfortunately I didn't anchor properly and shot over him at 10 yds lol
eeeek !

giphy.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I have the swarovski model. It's spendy, but it seems to work OK. Most of the time I don't even bring it. I just stick the phone up there with my hands. It's a pain in the butt, but I've become quite good at it over the years.

I haven't tried the triggercam on a spotter yet. I think it would work on binos, but spotter oculars are too big usually.

Here in the video below you can hear the trigger cam beeping giving me the low battery warning with the pronghorn 150yds away... when he was still back behind the hill a bit. Then the camera shut off... a minute before I shot him. lol

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

If you are looking for an alternative to try take a look at phoneskope, they have a universal phone adaptor that works well for me. I set mine up so I can slide it up or down to match the camera on my phone and picked up a mount for my spotting scope and my binoculars.

Opening Day Buck from Montana. This is about as good as they get in the area we hunt. We did some scouting the night before and located this buck with 7 does and fawns. Came back the next morning and put on a stalk. Shot him at 523 yards off of my Bog Pod Death Grip tripod, the 140 gran Berger out of the 6.5 x 284 did its job again. Is there anything more fun that Antelope hunting with Friends and Family, I don't think so.....
2022 Antelope Side.jpg
2022 Antelope Front.jpg

I hunted pronghorn in north central Nevada this year and struck out. The only shot I had I didn't take because of high winds from 7 o'clock.
MY LESSON: hunting on foot in Nevada for nearly anything but coyotes is nearly futile so I've decided to get an electric mountain bike. ATVs ate more expensive and noisy. A two wheel drive E-Cell will climb very steep hills easily. Also it can be charged by a combination of fold-up color cells and a lithium battery or a small Honda gas generator.

In any case with an electric mountain bike I can cover far more territory and be on foot for only short stalking. distances.