Kodiak brown bear rifle

Here is one black bear I killed with my bow @ 18 yards stalked on the ground. He weighted 750 lbs. with a skull measurement of 22 1/4", I was by myself without a guide backing me up. Some people live in fear and others don't.

To respond to your 3rd question, I would choose slugs for that type of situation. Unlike you, I base my opinions on experience, not hypothetic reasoning without any bear hunting experience.

I would have no issues bow hunting with a guide backing me up with a rifle, or hunting with my 300 Win Mag.

Kudq0aPl.jpg

As hard as I try I sometimes have a hard time taking the high moral ground, so here is my response:
Congrats on being a bada$$!!! But your bear is still half the size as the ones mentioned! You also have no experience with BIG bears so try looking in the mirror once in a while...and not to just totally admire yourself!
I once had to shoot a large angry charging pit bull with a .40 S&W, does that count?:rolleyes:
As far as living in fear; I'm career Military (Sniper, Infantry- Airborne/Air Assault/and leg) and have been on more than one combat deployment, one of which the company I was with had 147 enemy engagements and encountered 90 IEDs. I received a medal of valor that deployment.
So all I can say to you is pump your brakes a little there tough guy, and go on your occasion life threatening hunt...:cool:

Now I'm gonna be a hypocrite and take my wife and kids to church...hope you enjoy the rest of your day while I get mad at myself for stooping down to your level.

As hard as I try I sometimes have a hard time taking the high moral ground, so here is my response:
Congrats on being a bada$$!!! But your bear is still half the size as the ones mentioned! You also have no experience with BIG bears so try looking in the mirror once in a while...and not to just totally admire yourself!
I once had to shoot a large angry charging pit bull with a .40 S&W, does that count?:rolleyes:
As far as living in fear; I'm career Military (Sniper, Infantry- Airborne/Air Assault/and leg) and have been on more than one combat deployment, one of which the company I was with had 147 enemy engagements and encountered 90 IEDs. I received a medal of valor that deployment.
So all I can say to you is pump your brakes a little there tough guy, and go on your occasion life threatening hunt...:cool:

Now I'm gonna be a hypocrite and take my wife and kids to church...hope you enjoy the rest of your day while I get mad at myself for stooping down to your level.

Whatever!

I knew I should not have answered your BS QUESTIONS, lesson learned.

By the way my best friend is one of the highest decorated aviators in WWII and he participated in missions that were way more dangerous then you ever have and killed many more people than you ever have and he does not brag about it, I'm thinking that makes you a world class Blow Hard!

Have a good day GI Joe!

Last edited:
I like that video. I know Luke, his brother and Shannon very well. They came down to our bay yesterday. Good people.

Please give him my KUDOS on one AMAZING SHOT! He is one cool customer! gun)

It looked like the Bow Hunter was going for a heart shot on his first shot, was it a complete miss I could not tell? If I ever win a lottery, I would like to book a hunt with you boyz. Happy hunting Sir!

KB

Please give him my KUDOS on one AMAZING SHOT! He is one cool customer! gun)

It looked like the Bow Hunter was going for a heart shot on his first shot, was it a complete miss I could not tell? If I ever win a lottery, I would like to book a hunt with you boyz. Happy hunting Sir!

KB

He gutt shot him first arrow, you can see some gutt hanging out the exit at one point after being rifle shot. I bet his heart hit his butt watching that first arrow fly!

He gut shot him first arrow, you can see some gut hanging out the exit at one point after being rifle shot.

Yup. Bad first shot - too far back and a little low. If his first arrow had hit where the second arrow hit, the bear, would have been down within the time that transpired from the first arrow hit to the charge.

Whatever!

I knew I should not have answered your BS QUESTIONS, lesson learned.

By the way my best friend is one of the highest decorated aviators in WWII and he participated in missions that were way more dangerous then you ever have and killed many more people than you ever have and he does not brag about it, I'm thinking that makes you a Blow Hard!

Have a good day GI Joe!

Congrats for knowing a great American. I'm sure he doesn't "brag" about killing lots of people. I don't either, but I will call someone out on their great exploits when they are trying to tell me I "live in fear". You don't know where I've been or what I've done, so sit back in your chair in the comfort of your home and talk crap all you want. I'm don't think I'm a bad-a-mofo, so you can only imagine what I think of you.
If you want to test your manhood by poking a monster with a stick then be my guest.

The GI Joe comment I take as a compliment...it's better to be a has been than a never was!

Edited: Sorry to all the others reading this, I'm letting a moron on the Internet get me all geeked up for nothing. I'll try not to let it happen again...ill try.
I'm done with this guy.

Last edited:
Congrats for knowing a great American. I'm sure he doesn't "brag" about killing lots of people. I don't either, but I will call someone out on their great exploits when they are trying to tell me I "live in fear". You don't know where I've been or what I've done, so sit back in your chair in the comfort of your home and talk crap all you want. I'm don't think I'm a bad-a-mofo, so you can only imagine what I think of you.
If you want to test your manhood by poking a monster with a stick then be my guest.

The GI Joe comment I take as a compliment...it's better to be a has been than a never was!

Edited: Sorry to all the others reading this, I'm letting a moron on the Internet get me all geeked up for nothing. I'll try not to let it happen again...ill try.
I'm done with this guy.
1st of all Mr. Blow Hard Gi Joe, he is not American he is Canadian. 2ndly I would appreciate it if your take your annoying trolling somewhere else, I am not interested in your particular brand of BS.

KB

Last edited:
He gutt shot him first arrow, you can see some gutt hanging out the exit at one point after being rifle shot. I bet his heart hit his butt watching that first arrow fly!
I think you're right. I thought it was a complete miss but after watching it again I can see that.
Trying to take a brown bear with a bow from the ground is serious business. You better have FULL confidence in yourself and your equipment. Which brings up another thing, I would absolutely refuse to hunt with, be with or recommend anyone hunting with a mechanical broadhead for brown bear.

And another note, there's a reason most brown bear guides I know or have talked to carry large caliber rifles and not shotguns with slugs.

The reason why I carry my Mossberg Maverick 88 Defender is because I hunt alone while bow hunting most times in Grizzly country. It is compact, light and I can wear it on my back and it does not get in my way.
If I ever do hunt a Kodiak with my bow, I would not have any problem with whatever my guide decided to use. It is smart to rely on experience! :)

And another note, there's a reason most brown bear guides I know or have talked to carry large caliber rifles and not shotguns with slugs.

KB,
You might consider starting a Thread of your own? RH300UM's purpose for initiating this thread has largely been obliterated.

Recent Posts