Kodiak brown bear rifle

As hard as I try I sometimes have a hard time taking the high moral ground, so here is my response:
Congrats on being a bada$$!!! But your bear is still half the size as the ones mentioned! You also have no experience with BIG bears so try looking in the mirror once in a while...and not to just totally admire yourself!
I once had to shoot a large angry charging pit bull with a .40 S&W, does that count?:rolleyes:
As far as living in fear; I'm career Military (Sniper, Infantry- Airborne/Air Assault/and leg) and have been on more than one combat deployment, one of which the company I was with had 147 enemy engagements and encountered 90 IEDs. I received a medal of valor that deployment.
So all I can say to you is pump your brakes a little there tough guy, and go on your occasion life threatening hunt...:cool:

Now I'm gonna be a hypocrite and take my wife and kids to church...hope you enjoy the rest of your day while I get mad at myself for stooping down to your level.
outstanding.just read this thread.glad someone stood up to this pompous ***.

My guide wouldn't let me bring my .416 Taylor handgun for my last brown bear. Said handguns are too light for them, plus they'd take multiple shots. DEmanded I bring a large handgun (I don't own/haven't shot a rifle since 1978) that had multiple rounds ready. I took my Taurus Raging Bull .500 S&W using 375 gr. X bullets. Took this 8 footer at 129 yds. with 1 shot from the little island over my shoulder (was fishing).. Also shot a charging brownie a few years ago at 25 yards with a .375 JDJ Contender and a 285 gr. Speer Grand Slam. Dropped him with a frontal chest shot.
Big calibers/bullets work quite well. The .375 Ruger would be my choice if I used rifles. Accubonds and Xs are head & shoulders above other bullets.
IMG0415.jpg

..any .338wm with a Nosler Partition will handle any brownie without much anxiety and rifle expense... an old timer that time tested and hunter approved ! No need unless your wallet and shoulder can handle it to go much bigger...

..any .338wm with a Nosler Partition will handle any brownie without much anxiety and rifle expense... an old timer that time tested and hunter approved ! No need unless your wallet and shoulder can handle it to go much bigger...

Frank, that is the reason that we chose the .338 WM as my wife's rifle…..the planed Alaskan hunts. We figured it would also work well on most of the African game!

Her rifle never go to travel to distant lands……but, has served her remarkably well right here in the lower 48! It's simply…..just a darn good cartridge! memtb