Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
Not controversial at all, I think certain anti-gun people should be licensed for sling-shot hunting and provided with the opportunity to do so.

Len, You gotta leave this open a little longer. I'm working on several aspects of the problem and may need a little help from some of the better placed crowd. I think the slingshot can be handled (I'm starting with a modified metal tennis racquet). Thinking aircraft aluminum for the projectile, like maybe using a ping pong ball for a prototype. That's cause everything I've read since Weatherby started making rifles is velocity is the big thing so it has to be light and the biggest projectile will make the biggest hole. Gonna set it up kinda like a cross bow with a really long pull. Got me a three-wheel wheel barrow to move it into position.

Now for where I really need the help. Alaska is a little too sparsely populated as is. First we get the environmentalists behind the idea we need to repopulate the DC area with the bigger Alaskan brown bears rather than the little ones that could be found there a few years back. Now being the kind of people we hunters are, we are gonna have to set up a season to control the bear population. Given what I've seen in DC recently we don't even need to get the NRA involved. These things can be handled by a local group that we have acquainted with the startling lack of Alaskan Browns in the DC area.

They're going to outlaw guns in the hands of civilians there pretty soon so it ought to be easy to get the slingshot season snuck in.

Now we get the grandstands put up along the parade route to the capitol. We will sell seating tickets for the season but put a real premium on the first day seats.

I need to find the guy that was going bear hunting with the fellows that volunteered to skin it if he got it. The last anyone heard of him was coming through the front door of a cabin in the Rockies with the bear hot on his heels and hollering: "I got im, you skin im."

Now the slingshot is set up at the capitol building as close as we can get to the senate chamber. We need to really press to have the season open on Wednesday late morning to make sure there's plenty of attractions for the bear. I think if we can get the bear started down the street after the mountain man he won't notice the folks in the grandstands.

I haven't got it all sorted out yet. We might have to take a little revised version of the slingshot to get the bear to follow our mountain man. It's a pretty fair sized slingshot to throw the Walther PPK at the bear after the full mag has been dumped in his direction.

A couple of real speedsters are needed to take over from the mountain man once he gets started down the parade route. He ducks into a Porta-Potty one of the speedsters vacates.

Hopefully we can get in several practice runs before the next election.

This could be the best thing after "Tough Mudder".

:) ROFLMAO ! I can picture that ..... As funny as the couple on a video taken in Yellowstone.. They threw a stick at a Bison, and hit it in the arss! All so his wife could get a better picture. One good turn deserves another as it worked out..... Tears were running down my face , I was laughin so hard especially when they were sittin in the Emergency room bandaged up, and a caste on an arm.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.