Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
I voted "YES", but would like to make it clear that I especially approve of the use of slingshots on the big bears, by people who disagree with me politically! :)

Dinky

There's an idea! Convince your local anti-hunter that the best way to keep bears away from hunters is to drive them away with slingshots. That's entertainment!

Will there be a caliber restriction or can I use a trebuchet? Will baiting be legal?
Anything less and I am out.......I'll watch it on the " Outdoor Channel".

With the problem we have concerning natural selection, why would anyone vote "no"?

Like the old, old story about the guy who sold bells to hippie backpackers who didn't want to carry guns but wore bells to let the bears know where they were. He told them whenever they saw bear droppings, to start ringing the bells.

"How can you tell if the droppings are from a Grizzly," asked one hippie. "Easy, just look for lots of little bells covered with ****!

This humorous poll was started by me on my birthday in 2008.

And it lay dormant for the recent 1.5 years.

And now it was posted on yesterday which was Feb 7, my birthday.

Spooky coincidence. :)

"SlingBows", the converted or purposefully manufactured versions, are quite effective hunting tools. Some of these sling arrows much faster than my old recurves, and recurve bows are legal to hunt with. If you have never seen a trained slingbow hunter in action, try searching on YouTube, but do watch the skilled and ethical hunters and not the punk kids.

A slingbow functions very similar to speargun or even a latex tubed crossbow, and with broadhead arrows, those are very deadly!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.