Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
I think that the 'government' making laws and regulations at that level should be forbidden.

Snow and Canadian geese with rifles, bows, slingshots what ever.

It is the wounding and not tracking that should be regulated.

Yes, I know there are those that do not put in reasonable effort to find game that did not go down. That ain't me, restricting me because someone 'could' skip doing the right thing is tyranny of the masses to attempt to control the few.

This is the same 'control' method that is being applied to 'gun control'.

Problem is law and regulations makers fail to see is that the few are gonna do it anyway.

jfseaman, you are right on.... Mentors need to instill that in the minds of young hunters. If you take a shot , better take a good look for blood. Even if you think you missed it, go and check. Some times the youngins lie, they get bored and take a shot at a tree, they say they shot at a deer... lol..and i corrected that ... If they miss, cut their shirt tail off... Funny how it works after that.

Leslie, not me!

I just want to watch the YouTube video of you doing it with a slingshot.:)

Have you seen the slingshots they use in punkin' chunkin' at Halloween? The ones that toss frozen white skin pumpkins (they're solid meat inside, no voids) that weigh about 10lbs and the slingshot style reach about 800-1000 yards? They can cave a car door in at point blank range.

Now let me use one of those with ol' Roy backing me up.....

KB

I think it is one more great way to thin out the gene pool. Though I did have an aunt that did drive a bear away by throwing rocks and yelling. She thought the bear was after a new born calf. I never did ask her where she got the rocks as there were very few (none) in the farm yard.:)

:D Well of course a sling shot could be used. As much fun as I would like to run with the Jokes, I could see them used as distracting tool for a better shot. Also Launching bait bits out to desired "Stop" places from the tree stand. :)

JMO Worth what you paid for it :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.