Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think slingshots should be legalized for hunting brown bear in Alaska ?

Last edited:
Definitely!

It would be a great opportunity to achieve one of the world's greatest recognitions.........The Darwin Award!

The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who
accidentally remove themselves from it...

3 no votes:confused: Musta been democrats:rolleyes:

Definitely

Having grown up in an area filled with brown bears, I say yes. It would be a good way to eliminate the cross section of the population that is such a bother to responsible sportsman. The more controversial subject is weather or not we should be alowed to use hippies and idiots (timothy treadwell) for bait.

-comfisherman

Chignik Ak, 580 miles west of the Last Fronteir :)
There is no place like home!

I say yes also. With the stipulation that the sling-shot hunter wear teflon coated underwear, so as not to get any $#!* on the bear. Who knows one of us lucky guys might be up there hunting bear (with something a little more potent), we sure wouldn't want to shoot one with some foul smell on his pelt, would we?

I think hunting brown bear with a slingshot would be great,just be prepared to make a quick follow up shot if needed.Just make sure you make up a good load before you go out,so you can make a clean and ethical kill.

this is scarry i got a 40 yr brother that makes slingshots he was talking about using a air rifle for big game so would he consider ???? he might if he had enough beer in him

Ya know, if a fella could develop a slingshot that launched a 500gr projectile at about 2000 fps, it might just be feasible.:D

I certainly wouldn't wanna try it, but it could be an interesting project for some intrepid soul. :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.