Votes: 123 8.0%
  • My kids hunt

Votes: 859 56.0%
  • My kids tried it but don't hunt

Votes: 81 5.3%
  • Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it

Votes: 273 17.8%

• Total voters
My wife goes hunting by side for many years. As for shooting them she gave that part up about 20 years ago. Still spots but I drop, this will be my first year my son has missed a deer hunt in his life he is at Army Basic Training and shot expert (proud dad sorry- not bragging) When he was 1 year old had him on my shoulders shooting rabbits, by age 2 I could shoot ducks with him on, (had to put him down for geese) At about 5 years old I put a bead on a Snake Charmer 410.so he could drop jackrabbits. And the story goes from there-- it's a proven fact if your kids don't hunt, shoot or fish they will grow up and put earrings in their nose and wear chaps without pants.

my wife and son are hunting while I'm out of town workIng. it is 12 degrees there and they are on set waiting for a nice white tail buck to come by.
I shot this 17 inch inside buck last week while home for a couple hours. sorry can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture with this system and I am a little bit technological Wise.
Paul

they are my wives but I take but I take them and their kids out anyway,my wife EX didn't like hunting or shooting I guess that's why she's an EX

My wife has gone a handful of times, always has fun, but is never chomping at the bit to go back. Both of my daughters hunt with me. Both killed their first deer before they were 10. My youngest killed her first at the age of 8 at 378 yards, second at 357 yards....Actually my youngest and I are leaving early this afternoon for a bear hunt. She really wants a bear rug in her room.

Both my girls like to shoot shotguns, are on the school shooting team, and really enjoy bird hunting. Both have taken turkey (youngest was #1 in nation with crossbow on Eastern, not sure where she stands now), dove, quail and ducks. Ducks and quail are high on their lists these days. We throw in the occassional rabbit hunt for variety.

Now that they are older, I really enjoy the hunts in our insulated and fully enclosed deer stands. Not only do we have lots of time together, but we are also able to talk. We have some great discussions in the field, and many I dont feel would be as open or as frank if we were not hunting. Being alone in the blind for 4 hours, allows us to be at ease and engage in conversations that would never be as beneficial in another setting. Hunting has definatley helped us to stay in contact and keeps us very close.

I take my wife and kids hunting as much as I can. I was really hoping to get my 12yr old son to fill my cow tag this year. Sadly two kids are about as close to moose repellent as you can find! My wife did get her first big game animal this year. She shot this big old cow at just over 80 yards with her 270 Win with 130gr TTSX. One of the fastest one shot kills I have ever seen on a moose. High shoulder/lung shot dropped her cow like a rock, and never even twitched.

My boy doing some bunny hunting

my girlfriend hunts but isnt interested in the being out with nature just wants to go shoot a deer and put it in the freezr i think shed shoot the 2 point in the neighbors yard if she could instead of going to the bush to find a deer.

Here are my three oldest children with their best bucks. They all love to hunt. My wife Hunts also. She killed an antelope last year.

Attachments

• IMG_20151020_093943333.jpg
    IMG_20151020_093943333.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20141023_080025.jpg
    IMG_20141023_080025.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20141018_085936.jpg
    IMG_20141018_085936.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 40
My wife likes to hunt as much as I do, but she doesn't get to as much since our son was born, she also loves the taste. My son loves game meat better then beef or chicken and when he See's a deer he calls it a tastie deer and asks if we can shoot it and eat it for dinner same with ducks and phesents, he's 4 and hopefully will love hunting too.
Duane

i like you polls but you are almost always too optimistic with the possible answers, e.g. you need an option for "does your wife hunt" that would be "no way, she thinks it is horrible etc." i.e. my wife
(luckily she still lets me go and appreciates me hunting, and my son is too young but is excited to start in a couple years)

Last edited:
Have 2 boys and both love big and small game hunting. My wife has hunted and used to shoot some with me but not to much anymore. My son absolutely love whitetail hunting with either gun or bow it don't matter to them. Both had killed their first deer by age six . And now they're 11 & 13 so the poor deer have lived a rough life the last few years lol. They started out with a 223 with 60 gr hand loaded partitions and are now shooting the 7mm-08 and the 260 rem .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.