Whats the worse most dangerous hunt you ever went on ?

dgr416

My worse hunt was my first hunt in alaska a drop hunt and they didnt come back to get me .I was alone that was the biggest mistske .The guy with the flying service made a deal with my evil gf at the time to leace me for dead .She went through all my crredit cards while i was gone .I was left 40 miles away in the wilderness having never camped in the snow or had to deal with grizzly bears .I stayed 10 dayz hardly slept it was 0 tk 8 degreees and the bears were feeding for winter still and i about ended up in their tummirs .I had a borrowed sleeping bag that would only zip to my knress .The plane crashed into brush going in messed up wings .I camped in a place that every tree had grizzly bear clawing .I had water inside the tent and stuff floatimg around from water .I had bears come every night then finslly they decided to try to come inside the temt .I shot my 338 wm into yhe ground to scare them but they still kept agravisting me .I knew i couldnt keep goimg much longer .I knew a plane for someone else was comimg the 10 th day so i flagged him down .He couldnt take me back but called ffa to get me picked up .I bought a 416 rem mag after that for temt gun and tried not to gi by myself too much .I should have put that guy that left me in jail and that bad gf .She thought she was seeong a ghost when i got back .It took a while to realize she had set it up to rip me off .I just dusted off and stayed on alaska 12 years loved it .I never saw a moose that trip just giant caribou and lots of bears

My worse hunt was my first hunt in alaska a drop hunt and they didnt come back to get me .I was alone that was the biggest mistske .The guy with the flying service made a deal with my evil gf at the time to leace me for dead .She went through all my crredit cards while i was gone .I was left 40 miles away in the wilderness having never camped in the snow or had to deal with grizzly bears .I stayed 10 dayz hardly slept it was 0 tk 8 degreees and the bears were feeding for winter still and i about ended up in their tummirs .I had a borrowed sleeping bag that would only zip to my knress .The plane crashed into brush going in messed up wings .I camped in a place that every tree had grizzly bear clawing .I had water inside the tent and stuff floatimg around from water .I had bears come every night then finslly they decided to try to come inside the temt .I shot my 338 wm into yhe ground to scare them but they still kept agravisting me .I knew i couldnt keep goimg much longer .I knew a plane for someone else was comimg the 10 th day so i flagged him down .He couldnt take me back but called ffa to get me picked up .I bought a 416 rem mag after that for temt gun and tried not to gi by myself too much .I should have put that guy that left me in jail and that bad gf .She thought she was seeong a ghost when i got back .It took a while to realize she had set it up to rip me off .I just dusted off and stayed on alaska 12 years loved it .I never saw a moose that trip just giant caribou and lots of bears
Gonna be very hard to top that.

I had some scary or exciting experiences while living and hunting in AK. Spent the night on a 3 to 4 foot wide ledge in a storm with a long drop to the next ledge. I Ran into some bears. I was in a float plane that skidded 30 to 40 yards up on dry ground when landing on a lake, and a few other wild events. But nobody ever tried to have me dumped and left for dead, you win.

Let me get this straight. There was attempted murder on your life…and you brushed it off?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

What

I can't personally top your dangerous hunt experience. My boss many years ago relayed stories of some crazy stories of hunts gone bad. One was a moose hunt in a drop in camp deep in the wilderness. Weather grounded any kind of pick up for 3 weeks. They were lucky to have harvested a moose to eat. His eccentric hunting partner relished this experience. Not so much for my boss. This particular hunting partner would go to Africa on foot hunts almost every year. One hunt he got caught up in a civil war deep in Africa. He showed up home after several months. He was hiding in the bush with his PH after two of his trackers were killed by a marauding group of natives.

I can't personally top your dangerous hunt experience. My boss many years ago relayed stories of some crazy stories of hunts gone bad. One was a moose hunt in a drop in camp deep in the wilderness. Weather grounded any kind of pick up for 3 weeks. They were lucky to have harvested a moose to eat. His eccentric hunting partner relished this experience. Not so much for my boss. This particular hunting partner would go to Africa on foot hunts almost every year. One hunt he got caught up in a civil war deep in Africa. He showed up home after several months. He was hiding in the bush with his PH after two of his trackers were killed by a marauding group of natives.
Just curious if this took place in Mozambique.

Just curious if this took place in Mozambique.
I believe it was near Uganda. This was decades ago. His family thought he was dead. The only way he survived and finally got out was hooking up a small tribe deep in the bush that were able stay ahead of the marauding gangs of killers. Finally made it to rail road track and jumped on a train.

Most dangerous hunt? Alaskan brown bear hunt with a .223 shooting a 77 grain TMK? Would that qualify as a dangerous hunt?
Not sure dangerous is the pronoun that I would have chose. There is a fine line between bravery and idiocracy, and I never figured out which side of the line that I was on. Have you pondered that?

I believe it was near Uganda. This was decades ago. His family thought he was dead. The only way he survived and finally got out was hooking up a small tribe deep in the bush that were able stay ahead of the marauding gangs of killers. Finally made it to rail road track and jumped on a train.
Back in the seventies Uganda, Mozambique and Rhodesia were hot spots. As a wise man (Forrest Gump) once said "That's all I have to say about that."

Recent Posts