This is whats wrong with hunting today

I didn't say I approve hunting Polar bears with a 22 only a mad man would attempt that. What I did say was, years ago or back in the day Eskimos who had nothing as far as a modern hunting rifles to hunt with in order to survive, they manage to use what they had at hand 22 caliber rifles and had the skill to accomplish that. Wow....i didn't think their was Democrats on this.

I didn't say I approve hunting Polar bears with a 22 only a mad man would attempt that. What I did say was, years ago or back in the day Eskimos who had nothing as far as a modern hunting rifles to hunt with in order to survive, they manage to use what they had at hand 22 caliber rifles and had the skill to accomplish that. Wow....i didn't think their was Democrats on this.
I don’t think anyone was questioning that to begin with…what the heck does this have to do with Democrats or politics in general?

Here's a good video showing performance. It looks like the little girl makes a fairly decent shot around the 6 minute mark I think. A hair low, but really nothing crazy far off the mark. When the buck is relocated, and now bedded you can see the sun shining on him. So it wasn't just a few seconds later I wouldn't believe.

I have a 22 CM, and I would shoot a buck with it. But the video definitely shows the margin of error is small, because that was not a terrible shot by any means. This instance specifically would have benefitted and likely resulted in a dead buck with the first shot, had the bullet provided a larger wound channel.

I also think it's kind of dumb to base your whole persona and channel around a cartridge lol. That was a bit extra for me.

Enjoyed the vid, thanks. Well done

When did medium game animals like deer become so invicible?

My God people act like if you put a small caliber bullet at high velocity through the lungs with an expanding bullet that a deer or whatever just laughs and walks off. 😏

I can tell you from doing depredation hunts that is WRONG.
I've seen large caliber bullets taken by deer, bear, elk.... in the lungs and watched them walk off. This doesn't align with your experience and that's ok but i dont think its make it wrong.

Last edited:
When did medium game animals like deer become so invicible?

My God people act like if you put a small caliber bullet at high velocity through the lungs with an expanding bullet that a deer or whatever just laughs and walks off. 😏

I can tell you from doing depredation hunts that is WRONG.
Agree, and most know it will kill the animal. But a conscientious hunter wants to find the game, not just kill it.

Agree, and most know it will kill the animal. But a conscientious hunter wants to find the game, not just kill it.
Yes of course. If your shot placement is poor or the bullet doesn’t upset like it’s supposed to, it’s on you as the hunter to do everything possibly to recover the animal.

I’ve not had issues with smaller caliber projectiles at high velocity not expand, just the opposite , actually. I have had poor expansion of larger caliber bullets due to the nature of them being tougher constructed and thinking I needed a bonded bullet or similar.

The wound channels I’ve seen through depredation hunts with cartridges like 22-250, 257 Weatherby and up to 264 Win Mag are no less destructive than the ones I’ve seen with 338 Win Mag; at least on deer size game.

This thread is probably the worse thing I’ve seen on this website. A bunch of virtue signaling, judgmental cheerleaders beating their chests. You all sound like hyenas cackling, looking for your pound of flesh from something you could never personally achieve. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But know this, most people would agree that your way of thinking is old, outdated and entirely irrelevant. The same people criticizing the cartridge of choice used in the video are the same people that use the word “ENERGY” as a metric of killing potential 😆. It might actually be more funny if this kind of behavior wasn’t this biggest detriment to our hunting and shooting sports. Just sit down grandpa. We got this

This thread is probably the worse thing I’ve seen on this website. A bunch of virtue signaling, judgmental cheerleaders beating their chests. You all sound like hyenas cackling, looking for your pound of flesh from something you could never personally achieve. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But know this, most people would agree that your way of thinking is old, outdated and entirely irrelevant. The same people criticizing the cartridge of choice used in the video are the same people that use the word “ENERGY” as a metric of killing potential 😆. It might actually be more funny if this kind of behavior wasn’t this biggest detriment to our hunting and shooting sports. Just sit down grandpa. We got this
So how is this post of yours not virtue signaling, judgmental and somewhat of a self-righteous assessment of what and who is relevant?
When pointing your finger at others, be aware that there are three pointing back at oneself.

Sorry guys. I turned him off when he referred to BC as ballistic capability.

Yes It Is GIF
That took me only 5 seconds to turn off the video. 5 seconds of my life that I'll never get back.