This is whats wrong with hunting today

I didn't say I approve hunting Polar bears with a 22 only a mad man would attempt that. What I did say was, years ago or back in the day Eskimos who had nothing as far as a modern hunting rifles to hunt with in order to survive, they manage to use what they had at hand 22 caliber rifles and had the skill to accomplish that. Wow....i didn't think their was Democrats on this.
.22s on polar bears probably get pretty good stats. The ones that fail don't come back to tell the tale.

Basically, they think they're way smarter than the older folks. They've figured out the hack for hunting and everything else is "fuddlore," or "boomer" ways of thinking.
Yeah…I get that from my grandkids (3 are 13, one is 17). "But Grandpa, I saw on YouTube, or by some 'influencer' that you are wrong". I worry about that generation.

19 pages of rant on a 22 Creedmoor. Time for the ignore button. Lol
Not so much a rant on the 22 Creed and much as, see below.
Yeah…I get that from my grandkids (3 are 13, one is 17). "But Grandpa, I saw on YouTube, or by some 'influencer' that you are wrong". I worry about that generation.
Exactly. This is exactly what's wrong with the entire world these days.
"Hey, kid, don't do that. It's stupid."
"But XYZ Influencer said thats the way to do it."

Social media sucks! This AND rockslide are all I subscripe too. No Facebook, Instagram, YouBoob, etc… for this guy and never will have. Learned my lesson over 10 years ago with a brief stint on FB and I've got no need for it ever again. 95% of the stuff is trash! I didn't even watch the video attached on the first page. No need to with 19 pages of comments.

Social media sucks! This AND rockslide are all I subscripe too. No Facebook, Instagram, YouBoob, etc… for this guy and never will have. Learned my lesson over 10 years ago with a brief stint on FB and I've got no need for it ever again. 95% of the stuff is trash! I didn't even watch the video attached on the first page. No need to with 19 pages of comments.
Be careful over there on the Slide. Half those dudes on there wish they were "influencers".

The truth. A man's equipment is seldom what determines his effectiveness. We all love a new rifle in a new caliber, because we're nuts. If your just looking for a capable tool, get a good .30-06 and take advantage of the great variety of bullets loaded in it. If you want longer range, get a .300 mag. The rest of it is all gravy, fun but not so much needed.
Ha! That's right but it's boring 🤣. Funny you mention gravy…that was my illustration whenever asked ".30-06 vs .300 win mag" - a fairly common question now that I work at a gun/hardware/everything else store in northern Saskatchewan - the way I see it, the .30-06 French fries, the .300 magnum is fries with gravy. I would NEVER turn up my nose a plate of fries all on their own, they are sufficient, they satisfy, they get the job done….i do like gravy though….😁

On an only semi related note I must say, having supervised the sporting goods department for half a year now I've been blown away by the undying popularity of the .30-06 Springfield, at least in this neck of the woods. I looked at the sales reports for fun…we sell more new centerfire rifles chambered in .30-06 than any other centerfire cartridge, including .308 and .223. The 6.5 creedmoor is probably second place for us at this point, and if I had to guess I'd say this is a three way tie between the .22-250, .308, and 7mm rem mag. All of these are actually more popular here than the .223 rem which is also a surprise but again it's mostly farmers and "traditionally minded" hunters we serve here, not so much the tactical crowd. Same goes for ammunition sales…we're just behind the times up here I guess 🤣 but the .30-06 is still number one, again maybe just in northern Sask but i suspect elsewhere too. I've been very surprised as well at how requested and popular the .22-250, but only after Christmas haha..,.then all the big game hunting is over for the year and people are getting serious about coyote eradication!

I've also been surprised at how UNpopular the .270 Winchester seems to be. We still sell a fair bit of ammo for them as there's obviously a ton of guns out there so chambered, but I haven't sold one rifle in .270 here and have had only one person ask to see what we had in .270. That really shocked me actually. There's way more interest here in the .270 wsm and 6.8 western as far as new rifles are concerned.

Of course, 12 guage shotguns and .22 rimfires are our bread and butter for sales week by week, by a landslide.

Ha! That's right but it's boring 🤣. Funny you mention gravy…that was my illustration whenever asked ".30-06 vs .300 win mag" - a fairly common question now that I work at a gun/hardware/everything else store in northern Saskatchewan - the way I see it, the .30-06 French fries, the .300 magnum is fries with gravy. I would NEVER turn up my nose a plate of fries all on their own, they are sufficient, they satisfy, they get the job done….i do like gravy though….😁

On an only semi related note I must say, having supervised the sporting goods department for half a year now I've been blown away by the undying popularity of the .30-06 Springfield, at least in this neck of the woods. I looked at the sales reports for fun…we sell more new centerfire rifles chambered in .30-06 than any other centerfire cartridge, including .308 and .223. The 6.5 creedmoor is probably second place for us at this point, and if I had to guess I'd say this is a three way tie between the .22-250, .308, and 7mm rem mag. All of these are actually more popular here than the .223 rem which is also a surprise but again it's mostly farmers and "traditionally minded" hunters we serve here, not so much the tactical crowd. Same goes for ammunition sales…we're just behind the times up here I guess 🤣 but the .30-06 is still number one, again maybe just in northern Sask but i suspect elsewhere too. I've been very surprised as well at how requested and popular the .22-250, but only after Christmas haha..,.then all the big game hunting is over for the year and people are getting serious about coyote eradication!

I've also been surprised at how UNpopular the .270 Winchester seems to be. We still sell a fair bit of ammo for them as there's obviously a ton of guns out there so chambered, but I haven't sold one rifle in .270 here and have had only one person ask to see what we had in .270. That really shocked me actually. There's way more interest here in the .270 wsm and 6.8 western as far as new rifles are concerned.

Of course, 12 guage shotguns and .22 rimfires are our bread and butter for sales week by week, by a landslide.
I've actually been thinking about getting a bolt action .30-06 to go along side my auto loading .30-06.

IMG_0454.jpeg

Rokslides a joke. The thread wasn't meant to trash talk 22 creeds. Some people just can't handle that others have their own experience and/or opinions. That's why it's turned into a bicker about small calibers.

I've actually been thinking about getting a bolt action .30-06 to go along side my auto loading .30-06.

View attachment 584461
I love the M1! My first high power rifle at 14 years of age, a Winchester purchased at K Mart, of all places, for a whopping $99.00 in 1968!
I have been thinking that I should take it on a hunt. I've been wanting to go after a mountain lion for a long time. I've seen people use pistols and bow's, and figured the M1 would carry well and be perfect for the job!
As to a bolt gun in 36-06, I see Desert Tech is going to offer a conversion for my SRS that I'm thinking about.