My 338 Sherman Shortmag

I know Rich's 338 Sherman was sweet to shoot, he almost didn't get that back!!
I really want to put it into a Tikka and run it as a timber gun, suppressed, 2.5-10 NXS, would probably be a sweet little sheep rifle in grizzly country. Pack a mag full of Hammers and a mag of 250 Berger's.

I know Rich's 338 Sherman was sweet to shoot, he almost didn't get that back!!
I really want to put it into a Tikka and run it as a timber gun, suppressed, 2.5-10 NXS, would probably be a sweet little sheep rifle in grizzly country. Pack a mag full of Hammers and a mag of 250 Berger's.

I'll let ya know how the 236gr hammers work I got mine built on a long action and had it throated for the hammers. Got some 250 bergers coming to try also

Don't forget about the Badlands Precision Bulldozer. I shot both 225s and 240s in my load development and wouldn't hesitate to load either and hit the mountains in search of wapiti, grizzly or any other critter willing to pose

Don't forget about the Badlands Precision Bulldozer. I shot both 225s and 240s in my load development and wouldn't hesitate to load either and hit the mountains in search of wapiti, grizzly or any other critter willing to pose

What FPS were you getting on the 225 badlands

I've been looking at those, i kinda wonder about shouldering up a suppressor on carbon.
I had both carbon fiber pipe rock shields and carbon fiber exhaust mufflers on my 2 stroke race bikes. Heat won't be the problem but you don't want to use that 4' cheater bar to torque your suppressor. That might cause an issue

I'd be really interested in how the carbon barrel/suppressor combo would work. Specter29 here is some data on the Badlands.

Attachments

• D11B0B9A-BF35-487C-B846-107C4037C1AC.png
    D11B0B9A-BF35-487C-B846-107C4037C1AC.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 289
I almost ordered a 6.5 HCA Barrel after Christmas......and then I read this thread. I can't believe what you guys are getting out of this cartridge. I really can't decide if I should stick my path, or build one of these hammers! If I don't go remage path, I'm really leaning towards trying them out.