7mm Sherman Shortmag

elkaholic

I have been considering adding a 7mm to the 6.5 SS design. I am wondering how much interest there would be and what the bullet of choice would be? I suspect the 180 would be the most popular? If this is the case, even the shortened SS would not fit in a std. Remmy box with the throat where it should be. If you consider that, how many would be willing to add a 3" box? Based on the performance of the 6.5 at 3100+ with a 160 in a 26" barrel, I don't think 3000 with a 180 in the 7 is at all out of reach. It seems to me that this would be a pretty tough combo to beat in F Class. Comments please.....thanks/Rich

I have a Savage 116 in 25-06 with a brand new MPI kevlar stock on it (nice). I want to use it as my new carry rifle/mountain rifle. Was thinking about 7mm WSM that some say can get 2920 or so with the 180 VLD. But as always want something kind of unique. What might the 7mm SS buy me? :)

I have a Savage 116 in 25-06 with a brand new MPI kevlar stock on it (nice). I want to use it as my new carry rifle/mountain rifle. Was thinking about 7mm WSM that some say can get 2920 or so with the 180 VLD. But as always want something kind of unique. What might the 7mm SS buy me? :)

An even more efficient case that would fit in more mag boxes:)

Rich, I don't have a rifle to build one on at the moment, but I think diversifying your caliber selection is always a good thing. Especially when it comes to adding any sort of 7mm. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.